Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

When Was The Last Time We Had A Back 4 That Played This Well?

AnAnInginAneAnA

Although there's a lot of attention given to Stewart and Clarkson up front (and deservedly so), I cant help but feel our back 4 have been quite under-appreciated. Between Konrad being utterly fearless and very composed in going towards people, McPake being so commanding getting to high balls (his insistence on almost causing penalties by constantly pulling shirts in the box aside), McGinn Belting up and down the park, and Irvine playing the best he ever has (that I've seen) while out of position.

When was the last time we had such a dependable back 4?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Personally thought Irvine was made to look rank ordinary by Forrest.

Kinda agree with you but he was left well exposed down that side at times. Matthews running about 60 yards for their 2nd goal was an example. He was however beaten far too easily at times imo. I also noticed that as well as bringing the ball onto his right foot most times to pass he was also trying to tackle with his right foot. It just looked clumsy and wrong. He deserves 10/10 for his effort, application and for playing out of position but I think as time goes on he is going to get found out on his left side more and more.

Although there's a lot of attention given to Stewart and Clarkson up front (and deservedly so), I cant help but feel our back 4 have been quite under-appreciated. Between Konrad being utterly fearless and very composed in going towards people, McPake being so commanding getting to high balls (his insistence on almost causing penalties by constantly pulling shirts in the box aside), McGinn Belting up and down the park, and Irvine playing the best he ever has (that I've seen) while out of position.

When was the last time we had such a dependable back 4?

Hello and Welcome 5 X A,s ........ Just grand to see another new poster come on The Dark Blue.

Sure you will be receiving a warm welcome from all the other posters..Most of us are pretty new on here. Some taking it gently to start with.

While others are shoving in posts withoot gieing the new ains a chance to settle in ....... Oh aye, that's ME that is that's daeing that !!          Sorry.

Starting aff wi' a sensible post as weel ....... Jings weel done !!

Watching the game on stream yesterday, I do think Irvine had a harder time than he has had recently. But if any player has improved beyond recognition, itis him. And I think a good defence is the back bone of any team. 

I think you are right, we are awe sometimes inclined to put too much focus on the front men. But big credit to the back four.

Scott Bain has settled well and given the whole defence that extra confidence.          ( Maybe lost yesterday, but the season is going along fine)

Konrad reminds me of Dusan Vrto, very composed, knows when to do the simple thing, good tackler, good passer. McPake is a great centre half, no nonsense, will get bookings, but 110% all of the time, and a real threat at set peices. McGinn is a real find, he is growing game by game and gaining confidence going forward. What can you say about Irvine that hasn't been said, he is great one minute and stinks the next, he has put in the effort and that is appreciated, long term we need to find another McGinn!

Adblock Detected