The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Dfcss

Rate this topic

What do they think about the current direction of the club? Are our representatives on the board happy about Bill Colvin's decision to sell his shares to FPS?

I for one am very happy with the squad the manager is building but I'd love to know how the society see things, given that they are involved at board level.

In case anyone asks "Why don't you just contact them yourself?", I'm happy to do that, but I wanted to raise the subject on here anyway.

I can't help wondering what the recent resignations actually mean for our club. Will the replacements have any say in the future direction of the club? Will they have any knowledge? I'm not looking to criticise anyone. I'd just like to clarify how much influence, if any, the society actually has on the club.

I'd just like to clarify how much influence, if any, the society actually has on the club.

Very, very little I'd suspect.

Very, very little I'd suspect.

Absolutely none I would say now

• Like 1

Very very little influence. How many members do DFCSS have? In my view they should start again, and really think where their focus should be.  Find it hard that a fans rep, can't tell the fans what is happening, but can tell after he resigns, during the season ???

Our fans rep MUST be very careful of the info he tells, If the news is that  bad that could really unstable our season. And why can't he resign just now? I know his mates that want hospitality, surely they can go themselves if it is all booked and paid for?? 

Our club is heading in the right direction (unlike when it was fans owned). 

the 'old' dfcss nearly killed the club 2 years ago

will the 'new' dfcss collapse our season by telling everyone the secrets? 

My view hasn't changed since George Knight era/Callum Melville ..oh again Dee4Life(DFCSS). 

Very very little influence. How many members do DFCSS have? In my view they should start again, and really think where their focus should be.  Find it hard that a fans rep, can't tell the fans what is happening, but can tell after he resigns, during the season ???

Our fans rep MUST be very careful of the info he tells, If the news is that  bad that could really unstable our season. And why can't he resign just now? I know his mates that want hospitality, surely they can go themselves if it is all booked and paid for?? 

My view hasn't changed since George Knight era/Callum Melville ..oh again Dee4Life(DFCSS).

You really think there are any club de-stabilising "secrets"? I'm not so sure..

Colin publicly stated on 17th June that he felt the club were in good hands moving forward.

He also commented that there was exciting news for the club on the horizon.

It can only be one of two things - a major and recent change in direction that he is against in principle (news that the DFCSS membership should be made aware of immediately if that were the case)

Or

Personal reasons.

Think it's more likely to be the latter to be honest.

Its been discussed on the other thread but "I know his mates that want hospitality, surely then can go themselves if it it is all booked and paid for??" is a really poor take on his statement, even for an anonymous forum. You do both Colin and yourself a disservice. 

Dislike the Society as much as you want but try and stay classy.

• Like 1

Its been discussed on the other thread but "I know his mates that want hospitality, surely then can go themselves if it it is all booked and paid for??" is a really poor take on his statement, even for an anonymous forum. You do both Colin and yourself a disservice.
100% agree.

Dislike the Society as much as you want but try and stay classy.

Classy???

Why doesn't he just come out just now and say everything, why wait until August 8th ?? 

Strange to me! I know colin pays for his hospitality etc... But why the wait? Don't get that.  Don't know the man, good servant to the club, despite my take on DFCSS or Dee4Life. But this all seems fishy ! 

Classy???

Why doesn't he just come out just now and say everything, why wait until August 8th ?? 

Strange to me! I know colin pays for his hospitality etc... But why the wait? Don't get that.  Don't know the man, good servant to the club, despite my take on DFCSS or Dee4Life. But this all seems fishy ! 

What's fishy ? Just what is it you suspect is going on ?

Oh, and I'm sure there will be a good reason why he doesn't 'spill his guts' or whatever while he's still in the job. The poor guy would be slated if he was still 'working his noitice' for another month (you know, doing hospo with his mates and that) while (for example) saying that he thinks John Nelms is the biggest ******** he's ever met and still having to work with him (again, I'm using this as an example). 

Trial by football forum is just cringeworthy. 

• Like 1

Let's just get rid of DFCSS - what does it do and does the club listen to it. I doubt it

It could just wither Islay - if no-one is interested then their 20% share would lie dormant - who physically would represent that shareholding??

It could just wither Islay - if no-one is interested then their 20% share would lie dormant - who physically would represent that shareholding??

Not necessarily.

As long as there are a few active members of DFCSS it will carry on.

After all there is the perk of two seats on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club and that it certainly a perk worth having with the best and comfiest seats in Dens Park free hospitality before, during and after every home game plus as many away games as you wish to attend.

Not necessarily.

As long as there are a few active members of DFCSS it will carry on.

After all there is the perk of two seats on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club and that it certainly a perk worth having with the best and comfiest seats in Dens Park free hospitality before, during and after every home game plus as many away games as you wish to attend.

I think the graft outweighs the perks - that's why I am honest enough to say its not for me. You are too cynical in yer auld age

• Like 1