The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
JoeCovenant

Season Ticket Pricing In SPFL

Rate this topic

This talk of Cat. A matches reportedly being £30 this eason made me wonder about other clubs season ticket prices..

Have to say - we don't come out well in this round up of the league...   :(

Full listing here...

That's a bit skewed, united for example only offer a very limited amount of tickets at £299. Our early bird is on a par with other clubs.

£30 would be absolute madness. There's absolutely no way to justify that. £22/25 for Cat B and A would be the best, £22/27 would be just about acceptable but £30 for any game is an absolute joke.

Our kids prices are an absolute disgrace.

100% agree with this. Over a grand for a family of four. Utter madness.

I'd love to see us go down the route of a free under 12 season ticket per adult season ticket purchased (or something similar).

£30 for any Scottish game is lunacy. We genuinely are pricing fans out of the game in two ways, those who can't afford it and those who simply see no value in it.

As an exiled fan it's just about worth my while to buy an ST. However there's Zero chance I would be paying £30 to watch us play Celtic.

I'm happy with the progress the club is making but pricing needs to be sorted and sorted quick IMO.

Thank f**k for these tax cuts ;-)

• Like 1

Says £385 for our tickets as cheapest but doesn't include early birds. I was £340 this season.

We had four season tickets last season (1 Adult,1 Juvenile & 2 Kids).Due to working some wk-ends I cant justify a season ticket as I cannot guarantee the games I'll make will be at home,I cannot purchase the kids tickets without purchasing an adult ticket and the juvenile price has shot up considerably(she pays most of it from her paper round then family/friends make up the rest) plus the juvenile isn't old enough to go without an adult anyway.

If the tickets were a bit more affordable then we'd probably still get the tickets knowing we'd not make all the games.

Catch 22 though as PATG prices look like they'ye gonna be hefty going by the rumours doing the rounds.

The under 12s are under £2 a game

Not quite.

We genuinely are pricing fans out of the game in two ways, those who can't afford it and those who simply see no value in it.

I wouldn't be destitute after buying season tickets but can put the money to better use.If the kids tickets could be purchased without the need to buy an Adult ticket I'd buy a few of them and make up the difference so that my mates daughter could afford her Juvenile ticket.The Club would still make a wee bit of  money and also see the long term benefits of young fans getting to see their team.

30 quid to watch celtic aberdeen when it might be on the tv.....wont be many patg for that on the day

Reason club are doing it is that they know clubs like celtic aberdeen hearts bring a big support regardless.....

Im not so sure though, once a set of fans feel they are being ripped off they vote with there feet

Sure killie bumped there prices right up for visits old firm, and away numbers plummeted

Worth mentioning that we have a very competitive highest price...

That's the problem with Dens. Essentially no area i better than another for what ever reason so season tickets have to reflect this.

Main Stand - Pitchside views. dated stand.

Behind the goals -  Modern stand. less preferable view (generally)

Derry - Best atmosphere. terrible facilities.

PATG price of 30 pounds absolutely ridiculous Supporters who cannot justify or afford a season ticket simply will no longer bother attending

PATG price of 30 pounds absolutely ridiculous Supporters who cannot justify or afford a season ticket simply will no longer bother attending

I don't think its been officially announced yet has it ? It's all just speculation. If its true though, I'd say its a shocking move by the club, very counter productive. I'll wait and see though.

If the club want to know opinions they should look here - our Comms man is a fan and if cannot communicate to the club that £30 is outrageous then gates will plummet

I have a season ticket but would not pay £30 to watch a Scottish league game - -it does mean that if I have any friends in town we would likely skip the game as they wont pay that as neutrals, and do something else.

The proof will be in the attendances - even away fans may not come - -people are not stupid. Jeezo inflation has never been lower yet clubs think a price rise is a given!!!