The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

The Dark Horse of This Season?

Rate this topic

Just wondering if maybe Julen Etxabeguren will be the dark horse of the team this season?

A centre back in the Real Sociedad’s Champions League and reported that he nearly walked away from football after injury. Will he partner McPake at the back this season ahead on Konrad and Meggatt or will PH got for three centre backs?

I have a funny feeling that this guy will be a dark horse for us, especially after all the talk has been about Hemmings, Loy and Low.

I fancy Daryll Meggatt to surprise a few folk. He looks like the kind of tough, no-nonsense defender the fans tend to warm to. 

I actually have a feeling that Nicky Low might become the dark horse. He can play right across the midfield and he might just become the new Jim Mac but with a better goals ratio ie he consistanly plays well wherever he has to play and then becomes one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

Also, if he is 100% fit and survives preseason unscathed then Ferry could also be a real dark horse as noone will be expecting anything from him after last season.

Kevin Holt, I reckon will be one of our most heralded players next season. Perhaps not a dark horse, considering we paid a decent fee for him, but based on the earlier poll on who the fans of this board were most excited to see, I think he's a dark horse in that sense.

I personally think Julen can go either way yet. And can't rule out Gadz turning the fan opinion round either!

Just wondering if maybe Julen Etxabeguren will be the dark horse of the team this season?

A centre back in the Real Sociedad’s Champions League and reported that he nearly walked away from football after injury. Will he partner McPake at the back this season ahead on Konrad and Meggatt or will PH got for three centre backs?

I have a funny feeling that this guy will be a dark horse for us, especially after all the talk has been about Hemmings, Loy and Low.

Yup and on a three year contract.

Edited by Bloomong

Think Holt is going to be the star man. Also admired Loy as a player when we were in Div 1 so have high hopes for him

Gadz to become the Rock of Gibralter at the back too :-)

Think Holt is going to be the star man. Also admired Loy as a player when we were in Div 1 so have high hopes for him

Gadz to become the Rock of Gibralter at the back too :-)

Has anyone see Holt play? he more of an attacking left back?

I've watched a few goals online but thats it...

I get the impresion he will be like the 2015 version of Craig Forsyth!!... I'm hoping that anyway!

There's always nasty and pleasant surprises with so many new signings. We seen it last season and no doubt we'll see it again this time round.

Based on nothing other than gut feeling, I think Holt, JEL and Low will become important players for us in the course of time.

I'd also expect some of last seasons more disappointing additions to come good.

One from the Tank, Ferry and Roberts should hopefully come good this season and I honestly think Big Kosta has the raw ingredients to be a great player.

I fancy Daryll Meggatt to surprise a few folk. He looks like the kind of tough, no-nonsense defender the fans tend to warm to.

Looks like a real physical presence anyway mate. Certainly looks like a naturally fit guy from the pre season clips.

Cammy Kerr anyone? Must be pushing McGinn hard?

I find it a bit strange that he's left Calvin and Matty Allan yet he's taken Andy Black. I'm not saying he's not promising, but with Cafu, McGinn and Cammy, that makes 4 right back's. Unless he has plans for Cammy at right mid or something.

Kosta for me. Has had a season under him and hartley obviously sees something in him. Sometimes Foreign players need that time. would love phil roberts to surprise us all, very frustrating when you know theres a player in there!

I think nicky low will dissapoint because theres always one but i hope im proved wrong!

Phil Roberts for me.

We seen his ability against scum tic and he will recognise this is last chance saloon

So let's hope he can produce the goods from the off and offer that much needed width.

Would like to see Cammy come through as have seen him from he was a kid and his appetite

Is second to none, he loves attacking and as seen in his short spell at Peterhead, chipped in with a

Few goals.

Looks like a real physical presence anyway mate. Certainly looks like a naturally fit guy from the pre season clips.

Cammy Kerr anyone? Must be pushing McGinn hard?

I was quite taken aback at how good at player Cammy looked down at Palace. Ok it was a friendly but the boy looks quality. We need to see him in the team or loaned out.