Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Ticket Sales...

For the record im not say we are a "sleeping giant"

Giant clubs imo are man utd real madrid etc

But i do believe there is at least 1000 possibly 1500 fans out there that if you coaxed them back with decent pricing and good football on the park then we could get them figures back permamently

I know the two are linked, better products means higher prices,but as i said in previous posts i felt the bod might have taken a long term view with pricing for this season on the back of a reasonable feel good factor amongst fans.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Agree with all that

And whether boys like it or not, we are competing with another club in our city who have been relatively successful these past two generations.

There definitely a sleeping support out there, big enough i feel for us to overtake our neighbours in home gates.....

Just think if the americans were a bit braver in there pricing and were maybe prepared to take a "small hit" un revenue this season, the benefits in the long run would have been more beneficial to mr keyes

I broadly agree with you, but we don't know the clubs finances, so we don't know how 'small' the hit would be. 

I don't have a problem with the adult prices, I'd like it if they were less but I can live with it. Its the concession prices that I think are steep, I know I was saying it was a fiver a week earlier in the thread but in an 'Root world' they would be less and the kiddies would get in for free. As I say though, we don't know the margins and the numbers involved, its a balancing act for the Board, some years they'll get it right, others they'll get it wrong. As Gedee said, a bit of communication from the club would go a long way, on a range of subjects too.

I broadly agree with you, but we don't know the clubs finances, so we don't know how 'small' the hit would be.

I don't have a problem with the adult prices, I'd like it if they were less but I can live with it. Its the concession prices that I think are steep, I know I was saying it was a fiver a week earlier in the thread but in an 'Root world' they would be less and the kiddies would get in for free. As I say though, we don't know the margins and the numbers involved, its a balancing act for the Board, some years they'll get it right, others they'll get it wrong. As Gedee said, a bit of communication from the club would go a long way, on a range of subjects too.

Maybe have this wrong, but im sure i read somewhere that tim keyes is worth 150 million

My other posts were based on that fact, where mr keyes took the small financial hit which would hopefully benefit the him and the club long term...

Maybe have this wrong, but im sure i read somewhere that tim keyes is worth 150 million

My other posts were based on that fact, where mr keyes took the small financial hit which would hopefully benefit the him and the club long term...

I would guess his 150 million isn't sitting on his table in a 'Dragons Den' type scenario, it will be tied up over the place, we'll be a very small cog in his empire, you've got to mind too that first and foremost, he's a businessman, he'll not be committing any more to this 'project' than he thinks he has to. I would imagine it will only matter to him if takings are down rather than bums on seats, as long as his man over here is making his deadlines or whatever Keyes would be unlikely to care I would have thought.

I follow your logic but I would imagine that dropping the prices enough to pull in that extra thousand would be counter productive to the overall money made, in the past when the club have lowered prices for one off games they've tended to not make as much unfortunately. If they lowered the prices by say 10% do you really think we would bring another 5-600 fans along ? To make it work you would need to drop it by 30% or so and even then I doubt you would get an extra thousand so the numbers just wouldn't stack up. There's no guarantee that these extra's would stay once the prices started creeping up, we've got people complaining this year about it as it is.

Sorry for being negative Mr S, I don't want to 'harsh your mellow' man but the club will charge what they think they can get away with.  :(

I would guess his 150 million isn't sitting on his table in a 'Dragons Den' type scenario, it will be tied up over the place, we'll be a very small cog in his empire, you've got to mind too that first and foremost, he's a businessman, he'll not be committing any more to this 'project' than he thinks he has to. I would imagine it will only matter to him if takings are down rather than bums on seats, as long as his man over here is making his deadlines or whatever Keyes would be unlikely to care I would have thought.

I follow your logic but I would imagine that dropping the prices enough to pull in that extra thousand would be counter productive to the overall money made, in the past when the club have lowered prices for one off games they've tended to not make as much unfortunately. If they lowered the prices by say 10% do you really think we would bring another 5-600 fans along ? To make it work you would need to drop it by 30% or so and even then I doubt you would get an extra thousand so the numbers just wouldn't stack up. There's no guarantee that these extra's would stay once the prices started creeping up, we've got people complaining this year about it as it is.

Sorry for being negative Mr S, I don't want to 'harsh your mellow' man but the club will charge what they think they can get away with. :(

And that my friend will ultimately end up clubs going part time....

Asking the fans continually to fork out to pay very average players decent money cannot continue in the long term....

If crowds are down after last seasons success it will be a pretty damming indicmement on what punters think of the pricing.....

If we lose say 500 season tixs this season,will we ever get them back???

the club will charge what they think they can get away with.  :(

This is 100 percent correct and not just for our club but for every club in Britain.

It is also 100 percent wrong on an already massively overpriced product which has went from an affordable past time for all the working classes to now being edging towards a middle class sport as it already pretty much is in the English Premiership with the disgusting prices down there.

As long as every club and fans plays the game though, nothing will change and it will only get worse.

Football fans are ripped off something awful in this country and it isn't right.

And that my friend will ultimately end up clubs going part time....

Asking the fans continually to fork out to pay very average players decent money cannot continue in the long term....

If crowds are down after last seasons success it will be a pretty damming indicmement on what punters think of the pricing.....

If we lose say 500 season tixs this season,will we ever get them back???

A bit of an open question Mr S, football fans are fickle creatures, how often do you read on a forum someone spit their dummy out and say they're never going back only to pop up a couple of weeks later to slate a player (on a game that wasn't televised  :lol: ). A good cup run could bring fans out too and there are some people who buy ST's and rarely use them. I think we will have to wait until the end of the season to see what the numbers are like, maybe less ST's and more PATG's, we'll see.

This is 100 percent correct and not just for our club but for every club in Britain.

It is also 100 percent wrong on an already massively overpriced product which has went from an affordable past time for all the working classes to now being edging towards a middle class sport as it already pretty much is in the English Premiership with the disgusting prices down there.

As long as every club and fans plays the game though, nothing will change and it will only get worse.

Football fans are ripped off something awful in this country and it isn't right.

I don't buy into this class stuff, I don't have a whippet or work down a mine, its all kind of blurred now anyway but do you really want to either put people off or go out of your way to welcome them because of their perceived social standing ??? While I agree that we pay too much, if you need your football fix you can go and watch a junior side for a fraction of the price. The clubs are businesses, we gave up our chance to be a properly run 'community' club when the Society members voted to allow us to be effectively taken over. You're right about some of the English clubs, especially the London ones but if they're filling their grounds every week then what are they doing wrong ?

You're right about some of the English clubs, especially the London ones but if they're filling their grounds every week then what are they doing wrong ?

Turning their backs on the communities and fanbases that supported them for the previous 100 years by pricing them out the game.

Old Trafford and Anfield are filled with pretty well off tourists from all over Britain and the world whilst local 4th and 5th generation fans of them can only dream of being able to afford the 45 quid and upwards ticket prices their local club that their dad grandad and great grandad watched every week charge.

The clubs charge it because everyone does it and it's all a game on borrowed money that pushes the wage prices and gate prices up and up and up.

If everyone stopped playing that game eg paying the daft wages and paying the daft ticket prices then we'd get back to more sensible wages and gate prices.

Sadly most are happy to play it.

Edited by Perth Road Dee

Adblock Detected