The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Bloomogg

Beware of The Doghouse

Rate this topic

So I can't be the only one......................Once got the wife a state of the art deep fat fryer for Christmas, her chips were duff till then. Anyone else had a thoughtful present unappreciated?

So I can't be the only one......................Once got the wife a state of the art deep fat fryer for Christmas, her chips were duff till then. Anyone else had a thoughtful present unappreciated?

Oh mate, I see your deep fat fryer and I raise you a....

5 season sleeping bag. We'd been camping and the inflatable mattress went down overnight and I quote "I've never been so c c c c c cold", being the thoughtful perfect husband that I am, I went for the full 5 season tits, bums, fannies take it to the North pole job. Apparently not a Christmas present, who knew ???

Another year I'd bought her a really tall cup back from a jolly and she was complaining that she was struggling to fish her tea bags out,  Sir Galahad to the rescue, I thought I'd buy her a long handled teaspoon, then I thought, hey, I'm a big spender, I'll get her half a dozen. Apparently not a Christmas present either, who knew ???

Just last year past, taking note of previous indiscretions, I paid attention and thought, Le Creuset was where its at, she loves the stuff. Unfortunately the standard colour is just plain wrong so for her birthday I'd got her a dark blue pot which she seemed to like so for Christmas I got her an omelette pan and a solid range kettle, both dark blue. Dummy was spat because she preferred the more traditional colour, I pointed out that she wasn't going to get any more of that orange s**t and she would have to make do with dark blue, again, my attempt at perfect husbandness wasn't appreciated. My crystal ball was wonky again, who knew ???

I could go on, like the time I forgot her birthday, perhaps another time.  :lol2:

• Like 1

Bloomong, before even looking at the poster, I just got into the post (as I usually do) 

And I would have put my life (well the wife's life) that the comment therein, was made by oor Janny freend.

Guid droll post B   "...a deep fat fryer for xmas !! "  I am surprised your good lady never threw you and the fryer oot the windee. :)

You maybe lack the soft, tender, loving, touch Bloomong .....But naebody can say you lack the courage....Deep doon tho, are we no awe romatics :wub:

One of those new fangled, magic sonic care electric toothbrushes.

'No, I'm not saying you've got dog breath' - followed by the infamous

'Have you still got the receipt'

• Like 1

My wife's birthday is in a few days. Recently, on a regular basis, she has been commenting, the auld washing machine is on it's last legs.

Being seven decades plus (me that is) I thought I would make full use of my wide experience of ralationships with the" fairer, gentler, sex,"

(aye right)  Now I am starting to wonder if I am picking up the right signals. Here was me thinking , for once, definitely got it right this time.

After reading this topic, I may have to reconsider. Check if I have got a faulty receptor. Adding a fabric softener to the present. Good idea ?

(Jist phoned the washing machine mannie. He's coming up on Thursday. Says a new belt drive and a couple new washers might jist fix it)

Great !!  !f that's the case, Margaret is in for as Grand Birthday Surprise. Two fabric softeners, or one wi' a bonus present o washin powder.

• Like 1

Bloomong, before even looking at the poster, I just got into the post (as I usually do) 

And I would have put my life (well the wife's life) that the comment therein, was made by oor Janny freend.

Guid droll post B   "...a deep fat fryer for xmas !! "  I am surprised your good lady never threw you and the fryer oot the windee. :)

You maybe lack the soft, tender, loving, touch Bloomong .....But naebody can say you lack the courage....Deep doon tho, are we no awe romatics :wub:

Had an  angled rotating basket and built in easy clean system as well, was in a big box and I wrapped it well, with ribbons and bows, she was dead excited as she hadn't a clue what it was- until she unwrapped it.

Had an  angled rotating basket and built in easy clean system as well, was in a big box and I wrapped it well, with ribbons and bows, she was dead excited as she hadn't a clue what it was- until she unwrapped it.

Starting tae sound tae me Bloomong now, that a lot of thought and effort went into that present after all.

As well as the ingratude shown by that lady of yours, I am now begiining to question her sensitivity.

And on a general level, how caring really are the wifies ? Dae they no ken, we are easily hurt :(

Starting tae sound tae me Bloomong now, that a lot of thought and effort went into that present after all.

As well as the ingratude shown by that lady of yours, I am now begiining to question her sensitivity.

And on a general level, how caring really are the wifies ? Dae they no ken, we are easily hurt :(

I've kind of given up 'trying' now, when I put effort in its wrong, when I do it half arsed, its wrong, I'm just as well going half arsed and saving myself the effort.  :lol: I've given up on the whole mind reading gig, that's how she ended up with pots and kettles. :lol2: 

She's getting with the programme where I'm concerned, she nows that unless I ask for something specific (like the Speroni top for my birthday) she just gets me Amazon vouchers, I've got all sorts of stuff that I probably wouldn't have bought for myself. 

Have not bought the wife a birthday present in 18 years on account of 18 years ago gave her her own  "mini me" in the form of a daughter so as couldn't better that as a present telt her no more birthday presents ever:) 

ps Their birthdays is hogmanay so no need for a birthday party either:)

I've kind of given up 'trying' now, when I put effort in its wrong, when I do it half arsed, its wrong, I'm just as well going half arsed and saving myself the effort.  :lol: I've given up on the whole mind reading gig, that's how she ended up with pots and kettles. :lol2:

She's getting with the programme where I'm concerned, she nows that unless I ask for something specific (like the Speroni top for my birthday) she just gets me Amazon vouchers, I've got all sorts of stuff that I probably wouldn't have bought for myself

Ditto.  Sometimes think I could start a shop with the stuff that I never wanted or asked for. 

Once bought Mrs janny a bunch of flowers....jeeeez ! What an ordeal to convince her I wasn't after something or had a guilty conscience. Dinnae see the point in them when she can just go out and get whatever she wants (show me a woman who doesn't love shopping !!!) very practical woman she is. Nah....the janny household doesn't do presents !!!

Once bought Mrs janny a bunch of flowers....jeeeez ! What an ordeal to convince her I wasn't after something or had a guilty conscience. Dinnae see the point in them when she can just go out and get whatever she wants (show me a woman who doesn't love shopping !!!) very practical woman she is. Nah....the janny household doesn't do presents !!!

Missus Root fecked it for herself years ago, when we were 'courting' I used to buy her flowers on a semi regular basis, it helped that there was a flower shop round the corner from her flat right enough. Then one time she did the whole "What have you done, why am I getting flowers ?" guff and I told her that if this was the response it would be a while before she got some more. That was about 15 years ago, she gets her own from the supermarket now.  :lol: I reckon I've bought her about half a dozen bunches of flowers since her wee outburst.

Women, can't live with em, can't live with em.

1342754007533_6635269.png

• Like 1

Got to say, I've got the buying presents / special occassions scenario down to a tee now.

I usually take her away somewhere for the day / night, get her fairly p*ssed and go shopping at some stage.Seems to work a treat and makes being dragged round the shops a little more bearable for me.

This strategy started when I bought her some anti wrinkle cream for her birthday one year.

It was meant to be a little joke. Ooft!

She gets f**k all.... And likes it.