The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Gandosaur

Simon Ferry

Rate this topic

Not in the squad at all last night. Anyone know what the story is? Injured again or just being kept for Saturday at Brechin?

I would imagine him, Kerr and Kosta will be starting at Brechin. 

I wonder if it will still be a strong team we will put out? I'm thinking about making the trip but only if its the first team. 

Injured apparently, disna look promising for this season already

Cut our losses I think.

DerryDrummer, on 17 Jul 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

Cut our losses I think.

Be a bit expensive to do that.

Shame for Simon, let's be honest it's no real surprise that him and Thomson are both already injured before the season even starts!

He must have chipped a nail on the bike at the training camp. Seriously, I hope he does well this season as it must be his last chance of a big gig.

Be a bit expensive to do that.

Yeah prob.

He obviously is just broken

He isnt even that old if I recall..

Feel sorry for him. We'll probably never see the player who was a fans' favourite at Pompey. Might be time for him to think about coaching.

Yeah prob.

He obviously is just broken

He isnt even that old if I recall..

Think he is only 27. As much as it's a pain in the ar** to the club,he must be feeling fucking awful he can't get fit. No doubt early retirement will be on his mind.

Anyone any idea what the injury is.  He had that illness/virus last season and for the rest of the season he looked like he was breathing out his a.rse most games he played and could barely last an hour.  Might be related to this.  If this is going to be a regular thing, we certainly can't afford two players to be unreliable in this position.

Doesn't say in this morning's article in the Tully.. It does however confirm he is injured (again) along with Thomson (again) :(

"Doubts remain, though, over the fitness of skipper Kevin Thomson, who has a slight hip problem.

He may not be risked though, with a busy 12-day period, featuring games v English Championship Rotherham United, League One Wigan Athletic and Premier League Everton, ahead.

Simon Ferry is also a doubt, having missed out in midweek.

Of the central midfield duo, Paul added: “We didn’t want them to be missing from the game but at the end of the day that is football.

“The fact we can perform without those names shows how deep a squad we have got now.

“We have a lot of quality available.â€

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2015/07/18/mcgowan-ready-for-brechin-test/

He reminds me of O`Donnell in that he has bad news after nad news after bad news

When Ferry signed i thought he was going to be signing off season , fell sorry for him but anytime i have seen him i havent been impressed at all , does nothing.

He reminds me of O`Donnell in that he has bad news after nad news after bad news

When Ferry signed i thought he was going to be signing off season , fell sorry for him but anytime i have seen him i havent been impressed at all , does nothing.

I'd hate to get bad nad news.... :(