The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Gnasher

Todays Online Sun

Rate this topic

I happened over 80 years ago!

Are you "squeaky clean" in everything that you have done in your life.

I happened over 80 years ago!

Are you "squeaky clean" in everything that you have done in your life.

She was a very young girl as well so wouldn't have known the significance of what she was doing. It was also before the war

Woah there ..... Call off the corgis, boys. A story that will run and run, I'd imagine.

A bit of a family tradition then......

prince_harry_nazi.jpg

Just going back to their pre-Windsor days I suppose.  :lol2:

Gottt im Himmel.  Der Englanders are Nazis?

copyright 1960's/70's Commando books

Can always rely on the currant bun to have a finger on the pulse of the English nation.

Another slow news day obviously.  A tad embarrassing all the same - although when put against some of the things that Phil the Greek has got away with, this is insignificant.

Wrap it up any way you like.. It's a disgrace that ANY of the English Royal Family would be making that gesture.

Especially during that period when Europe was being terrorised by extreme right wing Nazism.

Especially during that period when Europe was being terrorised by extreme right wing Nazism.

Was it?

Wrap it up any way you like.. It's a disgrace that ANY of the English Royal Family would be making that gesture.

A bit hard on the kids Boba, the adults on the other hand, nae sympathy. Edward was extremely sympathetic to Hitler I believe. As someone who's very republican I'm probably not exactly a neutral but it was a different time, eugenics was all the rage with some as well, not just with the Conservatives either. 

It was a simpler time, you had to make your own entertainment.  :lol2:

Edit to add the wiki page, yup Edward was a big ol' fascist alright.  :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_VIII

Edward was as big a Nazi as they come and it's a terrible stain on the Royal Family's heritage. They really should be abolished, but not because of this, because they're a bunch of spongers and the monarch is extremely dated.

• Like 2

Edward was as big a Nazi as they come and it's a terrible stain on the Royal Family's heritage. They really should be abolished, but not because of this, because they're a bunch of spongers and the monarch is extremely dated.

It doesn't exactly scream 'meritocracy' when you have a hereditary Head of State. Its a completely outmoded system, I get the argument that they're supposed to be removed from party politics but I'm pretty sure the current arrangement isn't the answer, at least if you don't like a President you can vote them out. I could go on but I'm staying away from the political forum on here.  :explode:

islaydarkblue, on 18 Jul 2015 - 3:54 PM, said:

The SNP are also not exactly "squeaky clean" when it comes to Nazi sympathisers.

Arthur Donaldson who was the leader of the SNP from 1960-69 was interned during the 2nd World War as a Nazi sympathiser.https://www.britainfirst.org/the-snp-and-treason/

Can we keep the thread on topic please? I don't know why you feel the need to bring the SNP into everything you post about because 'SNP = BAD!' when this thread is clearly a thread about the monarchy.

Thanks.

• Like 2

The thread may be about the Monarchy but it also involves the Nazi Party.

I was just showing that other people have been pro-Nazi in the past.

• Like 1