Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Just Thinking Back to 1967.

I'm just sitting here thinking back to 1967 and the time I was a ballboy at Dens. I was 12 and my good mate Paddy Connolly(not the Arab!) got me the gig.

It was the Scottish Cup game with the Dons and Dens was packed. My heart was pounding with pride standing in the tunnel besides my heroes. When the ref said go and we ran down what was then a ramp I thought my ears were going to explode with the roar. All I could see was a mass of bodies all around the ground. My area was in front of the Derry nearest the TC Keay end.

Unfortunately we got humped 5 zip and all I can remember is Jim McLean effing and blinding and I think it was Jimmy Smith running the show for them. My dad was in the crowd but was too drunk to notice me. Hahaha! Happy days, apart from the score.

I think it was the same day Berwick dumped the Gers.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Adblock Detected