Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rotherham Tuesday

Ludo*1

First time the lads will be back at Dens and the first time I'll get to see our new side in action. After my pretty dire prediction of predicting goals for the friendly against Brechin, I won't predict anything but will give a background on Rotherham, their team and their friendlies so far.

Their friendly results so far have been:

Parkgate 0-6 Rotherham

Alfreton 3-2 Rotherham

Stocksbridge 0-3 Rotherham

Greenock Morton 0-3 Rotherham.

Despite their name, Rotherham are a decent English Championship club. They survived relegation last season by the skin of their teeth finishing in 21st place. Their manager is Steve Evans, who has been their for 3 years. Older members may remember him as a Scottish lower league striker for the likes of St Johnstone, Ayr United and Albion Rovers.

Some players you may know as they come to Dens on Tuesday include the centre half, Kirk Broadfoot, Wales Internationalist and former Sunderland player Danny Collins and of course, the Argentinian playmaker that is Emmanuel Ledesma.

Recent signing Greg Halford seems to be their man of the moment as he's having a great pre-season thus far, but perhaps the main danger man for the Dundee back line to look out for is former Olympiacos and Nottingham Forest forward, Matt Derbyshire.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Lets hope its a good test for us, which I imagine it will be, and can provide the squad with a strong challenge and get us ready for the competitive games. 

I would like to see some good decision making, effort and a bit of resilience when the going gets tough. Always optimistic and personally, I'm happy that we are arranging games that challenge the players on various levels rather than taking on games that are less challenging. 

Lets hope its a good test for us, which I imagine it will be, and can provide the squad with a strong challenge and get us ready for the competitive games. 

I would like to see some good decision making, effort and a bit of resilience when the going gets tough. Always optimistic and personally, I'm happy that we are arranging games that challenge the players on various levels rather than taking on games that are less challenging. 

Excellent post. agree 100% 

Was in the shop today swapping my Derry tickets over and was told only the Bobby Cox and Main Stand are open for tomorrows game and Wigan. The Shankly is only open for the Everton game.

Not expecting a big crowd then!! Maybe its just me and the hospitality and main standers will disagree with this but if only two stand sa re to be open then it should have been the coxy and shankly.

Not expecting a big crowd then!! Maybe its just me and the hospitality and main standers will disagree with this but if only two stand sa re to be open then it should have been the coxy and shankly.

Not everyone wants to sit behind the goal plus the Main Stand is open anyway for staff,directors,players,officials etc.Main Stand & Coxy is the sensible decision.

Adblock Detected