The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Hen Broon

Off The Field Changes ...

Rate this topic

More importantly...

NO MORE LINDLEYS :excited:

Absolutely brilliant news.

Look forward to buying a pie each game again instead of twice a season begrudgingly.

Dug outs are smert.

Not sure what exactly the work is at the bottom of the Derry next to the wall, but all good.

Sticking by Lindleys for so long was a slap in the face to unhappy customers. Well done to the club for sorting.

Looks like the front rows of the Derry are being removed for good to prevent breaches on to the park.

Absolutely brilliant news.

Look forward to buying a pie each game again instead of twice a season begrudgingly.

Dug outs are smert.

Not sure what exactly the work is at the bottom of the Derry next to the wall, but all good.

That's the trenches being built on instruction from Führer Thomson so snipers can shoot any pitch invaders.

Sticking by Lindleys for so long was a slap in the face to unhappy customers. Well done to the club for sorting.

Looks like the front rows of the Derry are being removed for good to prevent breaches on to the park.

No rows have been removed. As far as I'm aware the wooden stantions will be filled with concrete to create a type of walkway. There will be gates at each end of the walkways and a small barrier/fence will run along just where these walkways/gates are.

Cobra, the front rows of the Derry were removed in 1999!

No rows have been removed. As far as I'm aware the wooden stantions will be filled with concrete to create a type of walkway. There will be gates at each end of the walkways and a small barrier/fence will run along just where these walkways/gates are.

Wow. Moving us forward a century and giving a safe front concourse at the front of the Derry.

Club should have done this 15 years ago instead of leaving it unsafe and out of date.

edited - misread your post Mr G. I thought you meant they were filling the whole of the front of the Derry with level concrete to create a concourse rather than the current old terracing steps from almost a century ago.

Ah well, improved but still outdated front of the Derry it is.

Edited by Perth Road Dee

Cobra, the front rows of the Derry were removed in 1999!

I think that picture is quite deceptive. It makes the gap between the first row and the front of the Derry look massive.

• Like 1

I think that picture is quite deceptive. It makes the gap between the first row and the front of the Derry look massive.

Agreed Cobra. I was just winding you up.

It does look much bigger at that angle.

Wonder how the pricing for goodies will differ from Lindley's,profit making balanced with good food at sensible prices?Lets see tonight.

Improvement look sound though,thought they might have put the proper leather car type seats you see in a lot of dugouts these days.

Looks good all round.

No much leg room in the back seats of the dugouts. Glad I didnae get a season ticket for there!

The Fishul has reported that Sodexo are now in charge of the catering at Dens. This for me, is a massive step in the right direction for the club. However, my experiences with Sodexo aren't the greatest but I wont knock their service at Dens until I've tried it. 

As for the new dugouts, that is a massive facelift and it will provide more comfortable viewing for those not starting the game. 

All in all very good progress being made but what is the extent of the upgrades to the SE? 

More importantly...

NO MORE LINDLEYS :excited:

Mr G .... I think that might have warranted a separate topic.

Disnae really metter what the result is tonight

DECENT PEHS ON THE MENU :D

• Like 1

Surprised at the dugouts, thought we had no long got new ones 2-3 season back! Actually think it was 5 year ago now that I think of it as I remember the Jocky 'Home' picture. Nice to see though. Some decent modernising going on all round!