The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Garageflower

Was Gary Harkins Ever A Defender?

Rate this topic

I was always of the assumption he started in defence and moved into midfield while at Partick Thistle?

He is quoted as saying otherwise in today's Tele

“I’ve played quite a few positions — I think defence is the only place I haven’t played. Saying that, though, there’s time yet. Maybe I’m working my way back there,†quipped Harkins.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2015/07/21/dundee-midfielder-wants-to-put-injury-horror-behind-him/

Definitely a CH at Blackburn. I took it as that's the only position he's not played at Dundee but did take a double glance myself.

Yeh I'm sure he was captain and centre half for there reserves when he was down there.

What strange thing for him to say, but as Ludo*1 says he must have been talking about his time at Dens

Edited by Garageflower

He was definately a CM at Grimsby. He was my captain on FM about 10 years ago as I led them through the divisions to the Premiership haha

He was definately a CM at Grimsby. He was my captain on FM about 10 years ago as I led them through the divisions to the Premiership haha

You have just put me in the mood of playing some old school CM or FM! haha