The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Boba Fett

Wigan Tonight

Rate this topic

Just watched the Rotherham game highlights on DFC TV. Got to say, we did play some lovely stuff in the first half that I didn't appreciate first time round from my "unnatural" viewing point in the main stand on Tuesday!

Roll on Wigan tonight. Hopefully we see something like a strongest eleven at one stage.

C'mon the Dee :)

Finally some optimism  :)

Some of the stuff you read is incredible. Really is.

Most were excited at the signings and within 3 or 4 games, the negative comments by some, over a new team again is unreal. Pre season is pre season for a reason.

Last season we beat City, and Tank was the best striker we'd ever seen. The year before it was Carlo Monti!

Point is, pre season counts for very little, barring fitness and giving new boys time to bed in, and is very hard to guage how the team and players are gonna do when the real ball comes out. As long as we're ready to go come the start at Killie.

So less negativity and get behind the boys. The new boys are good players and have every faith in PHs judgement. Hes not got many wrong so far to be fair.

• Like 4

Most were excited at the signings and within 3 or 4 games, the negative comments by some, over a new team again is unreal. Pre season is pre season for a reason.

Last season we beat City, and Tank was the best striker we'd ever seen. The year before it was Carlo Monti!

Point is, pre season counts for very little, barring fitness and giving new boys time to bed in, and is very hard to guage how the team and players are gonna do when the real ball comes out. As long as we're ready to go come the start at Killie.

So less negativity and get behind the boys. The new boys are good players and have every faith in PHs judgement. Hes not got many wrong so far to be fair.

clint-nod_zps0362897e.gif

3 points down at Killie and the pre-season will have gone to plan.

Hoping to see a bit more from Loy tonight. Had him as a certainty for starting at Killie but unsure at the moment as to whether i'd start him.

Julen will most likely play alongside Konrad tonight, and that'll probably be the most interesting aspect as nobody can be certain who the manager has in mind as McPakes partner. I still have Konrad as a starter.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cammy Kerr get a shot at starting tonight too. Result doesnt matter but hoping for a few more chances created tonight.

Exactly.... spot on

I think we will need to wait till after the international break in september before we see the best of this team, the players need time to gel and get used to different training techniques, paul like his mentor (gordon strachan) is not a great fan of friendlies and the reason we are playing 3 at dens is so the players can get used to to the surface and different techniques he may employ at times this season, so dont be expecting any

dig until the actual kick off next week. The team that starts on monday against everton is likely to  be the 11 that start against kilmarnock tonight is just another experiment so dont go looking too far into any result.

I think we should be playing close to our starting 11 tonight and Tuesday. We need to get used to a set formation and the first 11 need to gel.

Team I would like to see tonight -

Bain

Holt

McGinn

McPake

Julen

Low

Ferry

Stewart

Harkins

Ross

Loy

Low, Julen and Loy as I'v seen little / nothing of them so far, Ferry to see if he can handle 2 games so quickly and get that fitness up.

Swap Low and Ferry for Thommo and McGowan, Julen for Konrad and Loy for Hemmings and I hope that is our starting XI at killie.

Ggh, low and Stewart are doubts with minor knocks.

I think we'll see a few of the lads who didn't start vs Rotherham get a game. Boys like Mitchell, kerr, black, julen, konrad, Roberts,

How's Roberts look pre-season lads?

This is actually being discussed in a few threads at the moment... but the general consensus (it seems) is... bowfing.

Roberts has barely even tried to take anyone on so far and seems have just to play it back to the fullback.

He has tried a bit harder defensively though.

Horrendous barnet.

He's going for the Rihanna look..

Wonder if she's any better on the wing?