Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Wigan Tonight

Boba Fett

Pablothedee, on 24 Jul 2015 - 9:53 PM, said:

Ludo, Jules is 6ft 3". Not sure he lost many headers tonight. I'd start him alongside McPake at Killie.

Thomo was class. Hopefully we'll get many more performances like that from him this season.

Never mentioned his height Pablo.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Mitchell - Not bad made to faf around with the ball showed he's got good kicking, made a decent save, but not much else to do.

Holt - We know he can put a good ball in (not many tonight mind you, a couple that hit the first man), do love a wingback though who can whip in a ball first time.

JEL - Shaky first 25, but very much like Tam, a ball playing CH who can play it to the midfielders.  Needs to watch his faffing around also, but I think he will adapt to Prem level.

McPake - Continues to be my pick for Captain.  An absolute leader on the pitch who'll put his body on the line for us, without even thinking about it.  The no-nonsense player of our CH pairings.  Don't understand why so many continue to push on about Konrad (and now JELs) lack of height/aerial ability, as it's not their role.  They're ball players, McPake is the aerial manager.

Irvine - Steady defensively tonight, don't see him being first pick anywhere for us this year, but a fine squad option for us and someone who can hopefully mentor Cammy and McGinn along.

Ferry - A few nice touches, but a sideways player, most certainly not my style.  Tonight emphasised both he and Thomson can't play in the same team together to me. 

Thomson - Good game, looked sharp, and up for it.  If we had him every game we;d be pushing for Europe.

Stewart - Poor in the first, and in and out in the second, but he's quality, and come the season I have no doubts.

GGH - Necessity.  Our creative player who must play, in either of the roles Hartley deployed him tonight.

Ross - Didn't play as advanced as I would hope tonight, but proven at our level, and I expect good things.

Loy - Once things start clicking for him I think he will come good.  Hopefully the goal tonight helps, and sooner rather than later he gets the breaks.  See Hemmings as our first choice, but Loy and Tank both give different options.

Ludo, Jules is 6ft 3". Not sure he lost many headers tonight. I'd start him alongside McPake at Killie.

Thomo was class. Hopefully we'll get many more performances like that from him this season.

Agreed mate, don't know why anyone is querying his height. He won just about everything and strolled through the game.

It looked to me that Hartley was again concentrating on shape tonight rather than just going for goals. It should pay dividends because we're beginning to look comfortable with a number of different line ups.

If that was a league game, Wigan would have finished the game with about 8 men!

Absolute cloggers that lot..

Holt was the stand out for me tonight with Julen a close second.

Thomson was a class above anybody else again in the first half.

Thought Ferry was looking better again as well. Using the ball well and breaking up play.

Stewart - such good close control but pull the trigger or play it early FFS! Can be frustrating watching us tap it about the edge of the box without getting a shot away..

Irvine had a very poor game. The white Cafu can do much better than that. He never found a Dundee shirt all night with his balls down the wing or inside.

blythswood, on 24 Jul 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

Agreed mate, don't know why anyone is querying his height. He won just about everything and strolled through the game.

It looked to me that Hartley was again concentrating on shape tonight rather than just going for goals. It should pay dividends because we're beginning to look comfortable with a number of different line ups.

Don't think anyone has queried his height tbh.

Agree with your point on shape, looks like we'll have numerous options in shape and style come Killie.

Ronaldo would have looked a bit lost up front tonight with the level of service that Loy got. Thought he never stopped running and deserved the goal for effort if nothing else.

Yeah I agree with that, probably worded it wrong, was only lost cause of the zero service he got, I think he looks better with a partner of such like when tank came on to give him a bit of support. Took his goal well the night too!

Times he came short for the ball and the ball sailed past him but that wasn't his fault.

I thought Ferry didn't do anything  overly positive and the Tank just isn't up to it, and both won't be first eleven and we will be weaker with them in the team. Other than that, decent enough work out with a  bit of a physical test. KT is a fine player,as we all know.  Harkins has to be in the mix as well. Loy needs  a few goals and will be a great addition to the squad. Cant make my mind up about Ross. Very tidy, but is that enough?

Irvine had a very poor game. The white Cafu can do much better than that. He never found a Dundee shirt all night with his balls down the wing or inside.

Exactly the same on Tuesday also, torture.

Thought Holt, Harkins, McPake and in particular Thomson were the stand outs tonight. Julen was shaky throughout but also showed some of the technical ability we were told about as well as some good defending.

Colqhuan isn't good enough yet though by a long shot. A loan would be good for him.

Really? Didn't see it that way myself. McPake's was the better CH performance but I thought Julen played well.

Looked a bit shaky first 30 mins or so, probably to do with being off the pitch for a bit. Once he settled in he looked comfortable. Will struggle against pace though as he looks a bit sluggish off the mark! In saying that I think he'll be a good player once he's got used to this level.

Adblock Detected