The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Derry Drummer

Thomson

Rate this topic

Honestly. I give him so much stick, but the man is honestly an amazing player. Great leader. Its actually gutting him not being able to play.

And please don't say class if fit. A player is either class and fit or injuried and useless.

But he really commands games. We need him.

• Like 1

I'll say it again mate - 26 games is a great return for a player who is pushing 31 and has his past. When deeming someone as class, you consider all factors, including injury past.  CLASS.

We'll see games where he wasn't ready or tired, but the games like the Derby win show he's the player we need to drive us with GGH/Bain/Stewart/McPake.

ETA - in his 12 season career, his 26 games is the 5th highest he's recorded.

Edited by Deestruction

What a player. Hopefully get more games this season. Last season we got top six. We get more games out of him, we'll be pushing for Europe! Holt, the spanierd and ferry all did well tonight too. The past two friendlys show Ferry is a decent player, on performance, he starts at killie for me. His interchanges with KT in the past two games has been really decent.

I'll say it again mate - 26 games is a great return for a player who is pushing 31 and has his past. When deeming someone as class, you consider all factors, including injury past. CLASS.

We'll see games where he wasn't ready or tired, but the games like the Derby win show he's the player we need to drive us with GGH/Bain/Stewart/McPake.

Those 26 games got us top 6. Was banging my head off a wall all last season trying to explain that to some. The guys priceless to us.

I'll say it again mate - 26 games is a great return for a player who is pushing 31 and has his past. When deeming someone as class, you consider all factors, including injury past.  CLASS.

Exactly this.  Might be lucky to get 25 games out of him (which is probably his average over the last 8 or 9 years) but when he's on his game he is a joy to watch.  Even when he is indifferent he does things now and again that are just class.  The performance in the last Dens derby was top drawer and not just because we won.  People talk about PH not getting the importance of the derbies but Thomson did in that game.  I said to my mates before the game that Thomson needed to impose himself on the game as early as possible.  Well he did, 3 seconds into it when he clattered Cifci who could do nothing but moan to the ref.  After that, the midfield was Thomson's.  Just an immense performance.  Looking for a couple more like that this season.

It *was* him that went down in the first 5 minutes wasn't it?

Played very well tonight!

Honestly. I give him so much stick, but the man is honestly an amazing player. Great leader. Its actually gutting him not being able to play.

And please don't say class if fit. A player is either class and fit or injuried and useless.

But he really commands games. We need him.

Welcome to the KT fan club mate. He's one of those players that once you see what he's about, you start to appreciate what he brings to the table. He was brilliant for us tonight in what was a strange and drawn out game (I thought). If we can get half a season out of him playing like he did tonight we'll be doing fine.

Guys like Cammy and CW will be influenced by KT as one of the best SPL players. Can't believe he goes in so hard on tackles with the injuries he's had over the years. One of the best players ever to wear dark blue.

great influence tonight again, was a bit worried when he went down though.

Guys like Cammy and CW will be influenced by KT as one of the best SPL players. Can't believe he goes in so hard on tackles with the injuries he's had over the years. One of the best players ever to wear dark blue.

No denying he's a very good player but you're getting a bit carried away there. Wouldn't get near my top ten Dees.

I've admitted he is a good if not great player. He is still very injury prone. Unfortunately, this is the stumbling block. We need him fit to contribute. We are a better team with him. Ive not ever denied this and I said this last season.

At 31 he should be in his prime. 26 games is a decent return for someone of his injury record.

I was maybe getting carried away when I said one of best ever Dees but the trouble is most of us are living on memories. He is certainly the most influential player we've had in 20 years. Even though he's won and done lots you can see he s still a winner in any challenge and is not going through the motions and trying in avoid knocks.

There aren't many better players in his position in Scotland. Last night he was fantastic.

Absolutely vital to the team, it would interesting to see our points per game average when Thommo, Gowser and Stewart were in the team compared to when they weren't.