The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Pirie

Nicky Low

Rate this topic

Not stripped again tonight but unclear why. I know we don't need to know the ins and outs of everything that goes on pre season but a wee explanation as to how he hadn't been involved the last two games wouldn't go amiss

Edited by Billy Pirie

Not stripped again tonight but unclear why. I know we don't need to know the ins and outs of everything that goes on pre season but a wee explanation as to how he hadn't been involved the last two games wouldn't go amiss

I would like to think Paul has seen enough of him to know he I'd starting and is giving boys a run out.

As loon1990 says Nicky has a slight injury.After looking great against Raith I don't think PH wants to take any risks with him.Might get some game time against Everton.Certain starter against Killie if fit IMO.

He did OK against Raith, but I'm not sure he's a definite starter if Thomson is fit. We've got a lot of competition for holding midfielders :)

He did OK against Raith, but I'm not sure he's a definite starter if Thomson is fit. We've got a lot of competition for holding midfielders :)

He played on the left of midfield against Raith,Harkins was in the holding role.

He played on the left of midfield against Raith,Harkins was in the holding role.

And I've got to say I'm not getting this Harkins playing the holding role thing.  Attilio Jnr is only eleven and he said to me on Friday 'Gary Harkins is playing the Kevin Thomson role Gary Harkins style'.

Sums it up for me.

I thought he did more than ok against Raith. My motm

As for Harkins, we need him in an advancing role, attacking their defence. Otherwise he is wasted in a defensive role.

Still by far our most creative player along with greggy boi

I thought he did more than ok against Raith. My motm

As for Harkins, we need him in an advancing role, attacking their defence. Otherwise he is wasted in a defensive role.

Still by far our most creative player along with greggy boi

Agreed. Think we will see the diamond with Thomson anchor, low left Harkins or stewart at the "tip" with either gowser or Ross right.

Any update on what's happening to him? Was really hoping to see him play tonight as was wanting him to start on Saturday but guessing that's unlikely.

Any update on what's happening to him? Was really hoping to see him play tonight as was wanting him to start on Saturday but guessing that's unlikely.

I'd imagine both Low & McGowan,even if fit,wont start on Sat in favour of the guys who have been getting games.

I reckon McGowan will def be in to be honest.