Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Big Rab Douglas - Not Finished Yet

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Brilliant interview. I look forward to hearing the recording Rab made with his altercation with Brown

While I'm curious to hear the tape, I still think it was a bit of a twatty thing to do, I don't buy the whole 'no representation thing', if he'd said from the off "I'm recording this conversation" then fair do's but if one guy knows he's talking 'on record' and the other guy doesn't then that's not fair. While it pains me to say it, I feel a bit of sympathy for Brown here.

While I'm curious to hear the tape, I still think it was a bit of a twatty thing to do, I don't buy the whole 'no representation thing', if he'd said from the off "I'm recording this conversation" then fair do's but if one guy knows he's talking 'on record' and the other guy doesn't then that's not fair. While it pains me to say it, I feel a bit of sympathy for Brown here.

I Chomp you are quite correct that it,was not fair on Brown that he didn't know the conversation was getting recorded. If he had though there would probably be nothing of interest to hear. Do I have any sympathy for Brown, well maybe a minuscule amount.

Depends on what he's said. I expect Douglas taped the conversation because Brown had had previous inane ramblings.

For example, I bet Hulk Hogan didn't think he was being taped recently, but I have zero sympathy for him being caught out like that.

Depends on what he's said. I expect Douglas taped the conversation because Brown had had previous inane ramblings.

For example, I bet Hulk Hogan didn't think he was being taped recently, but I have zero sympathy for him being caught out like that.

I don't know anything about the Hulk Hogan thing, but I'm intrigued now so I'll have a look.  :D

You're probably right about Brown being a slavvering chimp but I still think its wrong (and childish) to not tell him its being recorded. The person recording knows that the conversation will be heard by others so will be watching his P's and Q's while the other guy won't. If you and a mate were talking down the pub you might say something offensive knowing that your oppo will take it the right way, if its overheard others might not approve. I say blatantly racist things to my wife in jest that I wouldn't dream of saying to others, its a bit of an in joke with us but a lot of people would quite rightly be upset if they heard. 

Recording it secretly does give you an advantage, especially with a rocket like Brown, I don't suppose it would be difficult to 'push his buttons' and get him in full angry mode. It would be quite easy to play the Princess Diana role then, "look, I'm the victim here, look how reasonable I've been".

Part of me wants to hear what went on but most of me just hopes it would go away  Water under the bridge for me and harps back to a time when in comparison to now imo, the club was run in a fairly amateurish fashion.  I've a very firm view on who came out of this as the club 'legend' and there is no doubt others hold a different view.  It's been done to death though, both on Mad and on here.  Best consigned to history probably.

The whole Bomber era is best consigned to history, would never have come about without that snake Gardiner. Would have been good to hear Brown being the big mad jumped up jakey he surely is .. Ha ha

180 degrees since those black days.

Edited by Gnasher

As much as I dislike the vitriol aimed at Bomber (given that he was a fantastic player for us), I have to side with Rab here.

I might say inappropriate things around my mates but in the workplace I need to be reasonable and not step out of line. If an employee of mine secretly recorded a conversation, anticipating that I would be a bit of c*nt then I couldn't really complain.

I'm guessing Rab cares about his image amongst Dees so he made the tape to protect himself. 100% agree with that.

• Like 1

As much as I dislike the vitriol aimed at Bomber (given that he was a fantastic player for us), I have to side with Rab here.

I might say inappropriate things around my mates but in the workplace I need to be reasonable and not step out of line. If an employee of mine secretly recorded a conversation, anticipating that I would be a bit of c*nt then I couldn't really complain.

I'm guessing Rab cares about his image amongst Dees so he made the tape to protect himself. 100% agree with that.

See if brown had recorded Rab, I don't think people would be siding with Brown tbh.

See if brown had recorded Rab, I don't think people would be siding with Brown tbh.

You're probably right DD but Brown held the balance of power in their relationship. He had the power to hire and fire. By recording the conversation Rab was able to get a bit of control over the situation.

Recording a chat sounds like a shitty thing to do but if you are dealing with someone who is being a complete a***hole (which may or may not have been the case here) then I think it's justified.

Adblock Detected