The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

The Tank

Rate this topic

Luka splits opinions amongst the Dee support but does anyone thing he could play a deeper role?

Narrow right in a diamond. Wide right in a 4. Tip of the diamond. Behind the striker?

He does most of his work miles away from goal so does it make sense to play him in midfield?

No.. He's not for me. He's had plenty of time to show what he can do. Too many touches, zero awareness and no killer instinct.

Having said that if he scores the winner on Saturday I'll maybe give him a second chance :)

Yes for me but only as a second option after our strongest midfield behind the striker of Harkins, Stewart, Thomson, McGowan and Low.

Thought he played well on the ball for the first half of the last derby last season.

A lot of Dundee fans don't rate him though as you said.

Edited by Perth Road Dee

He is hot and cold. Shows bits of being great then hoofs the ball with his first touch.

I like him but he isn't good enough for us.

Move on I'm afraid.

We have enough deep lying midfielders.

If we had signed tank from Morton folk would have been a lot harsher on him

Technically he's a decent player but lacks an out an out position for me.

The German Bob Davidson so I would move him on.

Not for me. Had too many chances and shown very little. If he was Scottish, the knives would be out big time by now.

Agree with what others have said..

Not good enough am afraid and he has had plenty of chances to show he deserves a start.

No goal threat and plays like he is trying be Ronaldo, just without any talent.

Funny thing is, I think a lot of fans feel a bit sorry for him and want him to do well as he seems a likable guy.

Great initial control but too many clumsy touches thereafter.Does get a shot away though.PH rates him so time for him yet.

He's still here on a contract for another year and he's relatively young (just turned 24) so suppose that he'll likely be at the club for at least another season.

I agree that he is more suited to playing deeper but more importantly, he does need to find a better general understanding of who he is playing with and what his role is. Against Aberdeen away at the start of the year, he was tremendous as Harkins, Stewart and Harris all roamed very well and played a very fluid style which allowed Tankulic to enjoy himself and have more freedom when on the ball. The following game against Killie was actually pretty similar and I thought he played well but the forwards had much less space than they were given against Aberdeen and it was a bit rougher. After this, he never made any starts apart from Celtic in the cup (in which he was partnered with Wighton), Celtic away (in which we got humped 5-0 and he played up top on his own) and then the last three games of the season where we seemed to have downed the tools (but he played well against Aberdeen and Inverness I thought).

What I think we've learned of him is that:

• He isn't a lone forward
  • He needs to be accommodated for his style of play to be effective
  • He isn't a good impact player

He never once had a run playing consistently in a team that actually played to his strengths and when he did, he looked much better than when we just hit a ball at him and expected him to find a way through alone. I'm not suggesting that we should be changing the whole team to accommodate him but just trying to point out that there is something there and it has already shown itself under the right conditions. It's his second year in Scottish Football and most of his first was spent playing in our weaker sides that lacked our creative players or off the bench when we were trailing. He needs to work on taking a bit of a kicking and taking the initiative a lot more but he could maybe still become a good player for us.

Definitely one of the most frustrating players in recent times though.

I don't think he has it in him to play wide right,and think there's too much quality in the squad for him to get a game anywhere else imo.

I've seen alot of people comment that he has a good touch,I think his touch is one of his main weakness tbh,he always needs about 2-3 touches to get the ball under control

I reckon a stint on loan might do him good.

That's a good shout.

A team where he can score for fun would be good. Get his confidence up. Nothing kills a striker like goals not coming.

A team where he can score for fun would be good. Get his confidence up. Nothing kills a striker like goals not coming.

But Tank doesnt give himself a chance of scoring as he`s nae where near the areas he needs to be to score.

UNLESS he`s been told to drop that deep which id doubt.

Ive seen enough to see he`s not a goal threat - surprised he wasnt told to find a new club if he could

But Tank doesnt give himself a chance of scoring as he`s nae where near the areas he needs to be to score.

UNLESS he`s been told to drop that deep which id doubt.

Ive seen enough to see he`s not a goal threat - surprised he wasnt told to find a new club if he could

You are spot on CC

Tank doesn't get himself into goal scoring positions nearly enough. Lost count of how many times you'd Watch him drop deep, link the play to the wide areas and then stand on the edge of the box instead of getting in where it hurts.

His career stats to date suggest he is never going to be a goal scorer