Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Fall and Fall of Mr Goodwillie

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

That's some distance they travelled for a "European" fixture tonight!

Think the Sheep can overturn a 2-1 away defeat when they get them back to Seagull Central.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My word.

That's about as European as Nigel Farage.

Have I missed something why a team from the border of China in a non European country plays in European football competition?

• Like 2

That's some distance they travelled for a "European" fixture tonight!

Think the Sheep can overturn a 2-1 away defeat when they get them back to Seagull Central.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Tehran, Kuwait, Khartoum, Bermuda and Toronto are all closer to Aberdeen that Almaty. It's a 20 hour round trip covering 7,000 miles. The sheep had to pay £200,000 to get there. 

Their players are never going to be 100% for the dabs game this weekend.

My word.

That's about as European as Nigel Farage.

Have I missed something why a team from the border of China in a non European country plays in European football competition?

It is incredible that a place about as far away as New Delhi is in Europe....in football terms anyway.

It was part of the Soviet Union, which again in football terms was always considered European because Mother Russia was.....but usually teams from Russia or Ukraine would represent them. Much of the Soviet Union was considered to be in the Asian continent.

Now, in theory, a team from Sakhalin Island (north of Japan & further east, on the edge of the Pacific) would presumably be in the European competitions, not that that seems likely.....that would be an interesting trip :o

When I was at school, I'm sure countries like Israel weren't in Europe (geographically) either?....I think Turkey sat on the boundary, one foot in Europe, one foot in Asia (or Eurasia).

Maybe FIFA should create a new region, called The Bit In The Middle Between East & West? It would certainly reduce the number of teams in the Euros & the WC European draw!

Adblock Detected