The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Smiffy1

Simon Ferry

Rate this topic

I think he'll start tomorrow, very impressive pre season.

Wouldn't be surprised, and wouldn't be unhappy, but I reckon McGowan will start.

I'd not use thompson tomorrow and play GGHarkins lying deep again, he just seems to turn it on against his old clubs   

wouldn't say he has been impressive , but suppose he has done better than his usual standard. Once the competitive stuff starts along with the hard challenges etc then he will struggle. 

Don't think he will start.

Midfield 4 of Thomson Harkins Ross and Stewart I reckon.

Not seen any of preseason but it was clear the boy was labouring with fitness/illness last season.

I'm giving him a clean slate this season and hope he does well.

• Like 1

So him against Rotherham. Overweight and made to look good by Thomson. Struggled in second half to control the game. If he and Irvine start we won't win.

Edited by Guest

Thought Ferry was one of the positives to take from Rotherham. He's not gonna impose himself on a game and win crunching tackles but he'll be very effective for us if fit in our narrow style in playing neat an perhaps more importantly, quick passes round the opposition.

• Like 1

Not seen any of preseason but it was clear the boy was labouring with fitness/illness last season.

I'm giving him a clean slate this season and hope he does well.

Dinnae fret Ivan he ain't going to start. Midfield 3 and forward 3 will be Thomson, McGowan, Ross, Stewart, Loy and Hemmings.

Thought Ferry was one of the positives to take from Rotherham. He's not gonna impose himself on a game and win crunching tackles but he'll be very effective for us if fit in our narrow style in playing neat an perhaps more importantly, quick passes round the opposition.

Agree but that seems to stop in the final third unfortunately. We seem to keep passing sideways allowing the opposition to get back into position and defend. I'm just looking forward to tomorrow, 1 more sleep...... :D

I will be disappointed if ferry starts. At least 5 players I would play centre mid before him!

Ferry wasn't involved much last season and we've strengthened this season so really don't see him playing much thankfully. He may have been a good player prior to injuries but I've seen nothing from him since he's signed for us to suggest he's even close to being good enough.

Looking good in a pre season game against Rotherham where the game is played at a slow tempo is not enough to convince me. He doesn't posses the attributes to be an effective defensive midfielder for me. He's doesn't have the physical presence to impose himself and lacks the fitness / work rate. Also his inability to pass the ball forward puts pressure on us at the back. I'm much happier with Thompo and Harkins in there as they always look to pass the ball forward and create attacks if there's something on. 

I'd love to be proven wrong though but think his opportunities will be limited as we're well covered in midfield. 

Dinnae fret Ivan he ain't going to start. Midfield 3 and forward 3 will be Thomson, McGowan, Ross, Stewart, Loy and Hemmings.

No danger McGowan will start imo.

If Ferry does play then give the boy a chance without getting on his back from the first whistle. Hopefully he can prove a lot of people ( myself included ) wrong.

He may have been a good player prior to injuries but I've seen nothing from him since he's signed for us to suggest he's even close to being good enough.

Looking good in a pre season game against Rotherham where the game is played at a slow tempo is not enough to convince me. He doesn't posses the attributes to be an effective defensive midfielder for me. He's doesn't have the physical presence to impose himself and lacks the fitness / work rate. Also his inability to pass the ball forward puts pressure on us at the back. I'm much happier with Thompo and Harkins in there as they always look to pass the ball forward and create attacks if there's something on. 

I'd love to be proven wrong though but think his opportunities will be limited as we're well covered in midfield. 

Sadly got to agree with this.  I had high hopes of him when he signed but so far haven't seen him do anything that Kevin McBride couldn't do.  Also have a sneaking suspicion that his ability to last 90 minutes isn't the best.