The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

Finally The Day Has Arrived .....And A New Season.

Rate this topic

After another rubbish sleep, thinking aboot whit a miserable summer we are having. I wis up at 3.00am tae tak one o' the doags oot for a pee (and mehsel as weel) went back tae bed and then got up for the day .... jist before 6.00am..  It wis peeing doon at that time !!

But the guid news is this time it is brilliant sunshine, a fine bit o' summer warmth and a blue cloudless sky. :)

And it got me thinking is this the day, no' only has summer really arrived. But as importantly (or maybe even mair) is this the season where DFC can show the real progress and now go from strength to strength.

I guess every fan and every supporter, fae whitever club, in whatever division, always feels the glow and hope for their Club,  the the new season always brings. And this is the one that is going to bring the rewards .... and we are no different than awe the rest.

But whether it is the braw day it is that has brought on this further conviction, I really, really do feel DFC are on their way :)

Everything disnae depend of coorse on today's game. But this would be a grand place to pick up a point or two, and for the players to start getting in the mood, finding their feet, and getting the confidence, to be in the right place, and put in a few goals.

I believe PH is well on the way to building a solid DFC team that will further progress this season and I wid never tell oor manager whit tae dae ..... but I wid like to offer one suggestion (two suggestions) ....show real intention and belief .... and when a goal opportunity comes along go for it !!

For those lads and lasses that can make today's game, have a great day.

Gie oor Club a big shout for all those at hame, who for whatever reason cannae make it ....C'mon the DEE !!

After another rubbish sleep, thinking aboot whit a miserable summer we are having. I wis up at 3.00am tae tak one o' the doags oot for a pee (and mehsel as weel) went back tae bed and then got up for the day .... jist before 6.00am..  It wis peeing doon at that time !!

But the guid news is this time it is brilliant sunshine, a fine bit o' summer warmth and a blue cloudless sky. :)

And it got me thinking is this the day, no' only has summer really arrived. But as importantly (or maybe even mair) is this the season where DFC can show the real progress and now go from strength to strength.

I guess every fan and every supporter, fae whitever club, in whatever division, always feels the glow and hope for their Club,  the the new season always brings. And this is the one that is going to bring the rewards .... and we are no different than awe the rest.

But whether it is the braw day it is that has brought on this further conviction, I really, really do feel DFC are on their way :)

Everything disnae depend of coorse on today's game. But this would be a grand place to pick up a point or two, and for the players to start getting in the mood, finding their feet, and getting the confidence, to be in the right place, and put in a few goals.

I believe PH is well on the way to building a solid DFC team that will further progress this season and I wid never tell oor manager whit tae dae ..... but I wid like to offer one suggestion (two suggestions) ....show real intention and belief .... and when a goal opportunity comes along go for it !!

For those lads and lasses that can make today's game, have a great day.

Gie oor Club a big shout for all those at hame, who for whatever reason cannae make it ....C'mon the DEE !!

Good post - -we will roar them on!

As excited this morning as I was afore my first game. Never leaves you.

Every new season brings excitement, expectation and above all hope. Hope that this can be a season full of more highs than lows. Hope that every player wears the dark blue shirt with pride. Hope that we manage to put that lot down the road in their place. Hope that new memories and heros will be made.

Here's to a new season full of all of the above lads.

DDYB

THANKS POSTERS .... Some grand responses there ..... and noo eh'm gettin' even mair excited :)

As much as I think DFC can turn it on the day and get a result, I am never gonna jinx it, by predicting a result ....Are ye listening there Gnasher ?

Eh aye (cautiously) hud back aboot 2% on the possibility, we might no win.    Although if that happens, that method disnae stop me feeling seek.

If within that "2% hud back" we do get defeated and play a disjointed gemme fir 90 minutes, by the time the next game comes along I've convinced

myself, it's only one game... it's the first real game of the season, still getting used to each other styles and new tactics and strategies etc. etc.etc.

If they play weel (go fir goals) and win, then naturally I am weel convinviced that this is really gonna be the season where... Oor great Club kicks off.

And the sun continues tae shine up meh way.......

....The doags have had their extra twa 'oors in bed (giein me me dirty looks, like it wis meh fault ain o them wanted a pee in the night)

They have been fed and wattered and been oot fir ther morning walk. Ehm still hobbling alang eftert hon fa aff meh shed...leg still sair !!

But eh still feel with the start o' the season, at the top o' meh game. Is it no jist the best feeling being a supporter o' The Dark Blues :)

Whitever way the gemme pans oot lads and lasses, get right behind them as we aye do.

"DFC. Great Club, Great History, Great Team, Great Support"........"C'mon the DEE"  :) 

Car washed filled wi petrol ticket in the pooch ready for the off at high noon!!

New season starts!! Let's have a great season with many highs starting today!