The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Attilio

Paul Hartley

Rate this topic

After today, I have to take my hat off to the bloke and at the same time eat the same hat over something I posted the other day.

Today was immense.  A brilliant, attacking brand of football, played on the deck, away from home in the first game of the season.  There cannot be a Dee who walked out Rugby Park today who was not entertained to say the least.

Up to this point, I have always had PH down as a semi-cautious manager and didn't see any way that he could start Harkins, Stewart, Loy and Hemmings in the same side.  Proves how little I know about football and so I eat the hat.

Bravo Sir!

• Like 1

Think PH told his scorers keep it for Sat. Good Psychology methinks. :D

Think Paul proved at Alloa that he favours an attacking brand of football. His first 2 seasons there, he built a great wee team for their level and they played their way to the First Division/Championship. As soon as he knew his attacking style of football wouldn't get Alloa anywhere in a much tougher division he switched and played to the team's strengths, defensive football seen them in a play-off spot to the Prem up until the point he quit.

Same with us last season. He started off trying to play a free attacking game, but the shackles were put on as soon as he realised we weren't cut out for that and he successfully shitfested us to a top 6 spot. He wasn't without his mistakes though, it was his attacking ideology that allowed United to put 6 past us on New Year's Day - we'd have been humped that day regardless, but he made a bold choice to sub Konrad I think it was off and put on another striker to chase the game, which left us badly exposed.

Hartley throws caution to the wind and it sometimes fails as has been seen, but more often than not, he knows the exact time to change things up and that's why I think he's the best tactician we've had at the club in a very long time.

• Like 1

Great day, great amazing support and I thought the WHOLE team were excellent, but our Captain, Kevin

Thomson, was just different class, to the team, a BIG FAT thank you, what a display.

The one thing I kinda felt aboot DFC players in the past was there was generally enough quality in the team to go get a result.

But this didnae aye show on the day.  Much of that was because they appeared to lack confidence and belief, in their ability.

After today's result and performance I hope (and would think) that nonsense is behind them.Continue to believe in yourselves.

Oh aye, and like today, when goal scoring opportunites come along ... just go for them !!  Great stuff lads, now keep it up :)

Great day, great amazing support and I thought the WHOLE team were excellent, but our Captain, Kevin

Thomson, was just different class, to the team, a BIG FAT thank you, what a display.

Was pleasantly surprised when I saw KT was playing, I had a feeling he would miss this one because of the plastic pitch. He was fantastic again, carried on from the Wigan game. 

Was pleasantly surprised when I saw KT was playing, I had a feeling he would miss this one because of the plastic pitch. He was fantastic again, carried on from the Wigan game.

His ability is never in question. Shame he is just made of chocolate.

His ability is never in question. Shame he is just made of chocolate.

Was he injured when he went off today? He looked as though he was holding his left side as he walked off.

Good decision by PH,at 3-0 up,to take KT off and save him for next wk.Noticed when KT went off we lost the midfield for 10 mins or so and we had to bring another midfielder on to win the middle of the park back again.

Just shows you how good he is and highlights what some don't see that he brings to the team.Top player.

Thomson's composure on the ball is superb, willing to take the ball in any situation.

Not many better midfielders in Scotland than KT.

Proved again why he's invaluable, good to see the travelling support giving him a wee song while warming down. Best player at the club.

Good decision by PH,at 3-0 up,to take KT off and save him for next wk.Noticed when KT went off we lost the midfield for 10 mins or so and we had to bring another midfielder on to win the middle of the park back again.

Just shows you how good he is and highlights what some don't see that he brings to the team.Top player.

Agree 100% Rev.  Job done and get that cotton wool out for the next game.  He looked fit enough when he was warming down behind the goal

Outstanding day for Hartley but what about the Killie manager? I found it utterly baffling that he didn't make his changes after 25-30 minutes. It was pretty clear the goals were eventually going to come the way we were dominating and creating chances.

Outstanding day for Hartley but what about the Killie manager? I found it utterly baffling that he didn't make his changes after 25-30 minutes. It was pretty clear the goals were eventually going to come the way we were dominating and creating chances.

Who gives a keech?

Our day today. What a team. What a performance.

Just home now. Head splitting, driest throat in the history of throats and watching BBC Alba.

Today will live long in the memory! :)

Who gives a keech?

Our day today. What a team. What a performance.

Just home now. Head splitting, driest throat in the history of throats and watching BBC Alba.

Today will live long in the memory! :)

Driest throat?  Wait a minute - you weren't the fella behind us who was like a 'solo choir' for 90 minutes - starting songs and no one joining in?