Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Nick Ross

eyeothedug

Having watched the match on Alba, I thought he was excellent too. Less obvious than Harkins, Stewart, Loy and Thomson, he kept things flowing with intelligent passes and close marking of opposition players. One thing that isn't tracked in games are players' positional sense and how they close down space off the ball. This is crucial in providing an environment for others to play. Hence why Harkins and Thomson were so strong.

I thought that Low might be one of our best midfield along with Harkins, Stewart and Thomson but I think Ross has to hold on to his position. Low and Gowser are going to find it hard to get a place, never mind Tank, Ferry and Roberts!

Nick also showed some great touches of skill, especially when going past that Killie player on the touchline, before being brought down.

The only change I would make for Hearts is to bring McPake back... don't know for who though as both Julen and Konrad had good games. Still if that's PH's only headache then it shows you the condition we're in.

I also think Kevin Holt made a strong impact too...

Can we give Celtic a run for their money? :-)

Amazing stuff!

Edited by eyeothedug
  • Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I thought that Low might be one of our best midfield along with Harkins, Stewart and Thomson but I think Ross has to hold on to his position. Low and Gowser are going to find it hard to get a place, never mind Tank, Ferry and Roberts!

Reckon that we might use Low as the alternative to Thomson which would probably suit him considering how he's also had a bad injury history and might tire out playing every game. Great to have options for once and it should hopefully lead to us picking up points in games when the injuries start to arrive.

I think we also have the best position for GGH looking at the Everton and Killie games. He doesn't have the stamina to play behind the single striker as he was doing last year. He was playing more or less behind Stewart but we had several players who were drifting into different positions. A joy to watch. 

I think we also have the best position for GGH looking at the Everton and Killie games. He doesn't have the stamina to play behind the single striker as he was doing last year. He was playing more or less behind Stewart but we had several players who were drifting into different positions. A joy to watch. 

Yes, he played deeper against Raith and looked good. Whilst he's not the perfect replacement for Thomson he could perform the role. Agree that he is better deeper. Low could cover for Thomson. V Raith the midfield was Low, Harkins, Ross and Stewart...This leaves McGowan ready to stand in as well, Ferry or Tank if desperate. It's great that we now have options when Thomson doesn't play and that we have such a fluid front two with link into Stewart (that's got to be the main threat for us)

Was impressed with Ross on Saturday. 

He is quite a neat and tidy player, but also has a bit more technical ability than someone like Jim. What I liked most was that he can spot a player in an advance role and play a nice wee cheeky through ball to them. A bit like his ball to Hemmings against Raith.  

Looks like he has as much energy as Jim Mac, but more composure which is a great improvement. Jim gave the ball away a little too often for my liking at times. I'm impressed with what I saw from Ross in the opening game.

Yes agree Cobra I also think Ross is an upgrade on Jim Mac.I've a feeling Paul McGowan might not be a certain starter,as a lot of people seem to think,when the tag comes off either.

I think our new composed style might make it difficult for him unless he really up's his game.

Yes, agree with all this. Ross is Big improvement on Jmac. Has more skill, better passer, doesn't give the ball away as much and also covers better defensively.

I think Low would be ahead of Gowser in the pecking order, so you're right, shows our strength if he isn't getting into the first team.

I honestly don't understand how after a couple of pre season games anyone would have Low ahead of McGowan.

McGowan was one of our most important players last year and think some are forgetting that despite his in your face attitude he is also a very good footballer who is very comfortable on the ball.

Adblock Detected