The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
G_Dog

Hearts Team

Rate this topic

Only question is does McPake come back in? I would say so. Be harsh on anybody to drop out after Killie though.

Got to start. Harsh as you say but thats football. We need our strongest, most reliable back four and you cant get more reliable than mcpake. Has made that position his own.

NO

Mcpake is a strong tough centre half but he is prone to a bombscare moment - the 2 centre halfs had a clean sheet - stick with them 100%

Mcpake has to play for me. Extabergen doesn't fill me with confidence. First minute of the game he completely misjudged a header and ducked under the ball and nearly let Boyd in. (Boyd was too fat and slow to capitalise) Killie were dreadful on Saturday - Hearts will offer much more threat. We need our best centre half playing.

Mcpake has to play for me. Extabergen doesn't fill me with confidence. First minute of the game he completely misjudged a header and ducked under the ball and nearly let Boyd in. (Boyd was too fat and slow to capitalise) Killie were dreadful on Saturday - Hearts will offer much more threat. We need our best centre half playing.

He`s awrite Mcpake - steady enough etc but i dont think he`s good enough to jump straight back in when the 2 centre halfs did really nothing wrong.

Cant see how it would be good for Julien to be dropped - his confidence can only grow fi saturday plus like i say ive seen Mcpake make errors anaw.

PS . Fair play to Deewok having Jules surname on the back of his shirt , not a fan of his new hairdoo tho :)

Na julen needs to start as you say he has not put a foot wrong so why drop him, it would defo knock his confidence sideways to drop him. I think he could be a very good find by Mr Hartley

Mcpake was suspended. So he obviously out himself in that position.

I'm not really getting this "stick with the same team" argument. Julen and Konrad did well against a woeful Killie side but that's hardly a reason to put our best centre-back on the bench against one of the top teams in the league.

I'm not really getting this "stick with the same team" argument. Julen and Konrad did well against a woeful Killie side but that's hardly a reason to put our best centre-back on the bench against one of the top teams in the league.

This.

Id understand it if Mcpake was a brilliant centre half.

He`s not - no saying he`s murder either.

Seen him make many a Steven Tweed esq blunder ,

Wouldnt be raging if PH brought Mcpake back in but i wouldnt agree with it.

I think McPake should come in for Julen.

I thought he was terrific the first time I seen him but as the games have went on he has been shaky. He makes me nervous when he has the ball and I feel more confident with Konrad.

McPake will be right in that Juanma's face and is a strong tackler. 

McPake back in - no brainer for me, our best CH can't be left out if he's fit.

However, if the manager sees it differently I'll back his decision.

Hearts are, and haven't been a top team in the league for a few years. Especially not this year. They are a newly promoted team with a good support a set up.

Hearts are, and haven't been a top team in the league for a few years. Especially not this year. They are a newly promoted team with a good support a set up.

I know you're quoting someone but they did score 4 against a team that has had a very good defensive record in the last couple of seasons, they're slack at the back though, this game has potential to be a goalfest if last weekend is anything to go by. For me, I'd like to see McPake back, probably with Konrad but wouldn't object to JELly either. McPake brings experience and presence to the squad, I know Hearts are newly promoted (and I'm not saying I think they'll automatically do a Hamilton) but they do sell a lot of ST's so have a healthy wage bill and a level of expectation. I think this will be a cracking game, as long as we win of course.  :D

I know you're quoting someone but they did score 4 against a team that has had a very good defensive record in the last couple of seasons, they're slack at the back though, this game has potential to be a goalfest if last weekend is anything to go by. For me, I'd like to see McPake back, probably with Konrad but wouldn't object to JELly either. McPake brings experience and presence to the squad, I know Hearts are newly promoted (and I'm not saying I think they'll automatically do a Hamilton) but they do sell a lot of ST's so have a healthy wage bill and a level of expectation. I think this will be a cracking game, as long as we win of course. :D

Scoring 10 is only good if you don't let in 11.