The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Souppie1893

Season Tickets

Rate this topic

Does anyone have an idea of how many we have sold so far, I seem to remember that the club were announcing milestones in sales last year but no heard anything thus far

Does anyone have an idea of how many we have sold so far, I seem to remember that the club were announcing milestones in sales last year but no heard anything thus far

Asked in the shop today when up getting a few ST's,guy's just said that sales had been mad and they'd no idea how many ST's had been sold.Tried pressing them for a rough figure but they would'nae give anything away.

Edited by Reverend Lovejoy

Cheers for the reply mate it's a nightmare getting news bout that kind o thing in Cyprus only getting basic headlines in the tele etc...

Cheers for the reply mate it's a nightmare getting news bout that kind o thing in Cyprus only getting basic headlines in the tele etc...

At least you've got the Cyprus excuse, we're no better off here dude. Don't like to beat the club for no reason but it surely wouldn't do any harm to give us an update, it might even inspire some to 'step up' and buy one.

What's the fascination needing to know the figure ? If it's in the club's interest im sure they would have released the numbers. ..I can't understand the need to know every minute detail of some of the most trivial subjects. If people want one they will buy one. ..knowing if the figure is high or low wouldn't make me decide either way..

Maybe there is a reason....

What's the fascination needing to know the figure ? If it's in the club's interest im sure they would have released the numbers. ..I can't understand the need to know every minute detail of some of the most trivial subjects. If people want one they will buy one. ..knowing if the figure is high or low wouldn't make me decide either way..

I get what you're saying dude, I'm not usually one that feels the need to know every detail of the goings on but last season we were getting regular updates (and encouragement) to push on, I think Bill Colvin (I know he's gone) was in the paper pushing us to get more ST's bought. It is a bit of an informal measure as to both how the clubs doing and a chance for a pissing contest with other clubs. You're right that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things though. This kind of info is usually out there eventually and would be pretty easy to put the clubs hand to though, I don't see any harm in keeping a 'stats fascinated' fan base up to date with it.

Nasa can put a man on the moon over 45 years ago, allegedly, but Dundee FC can't add up how many season tickets they have sold. Wots the secret here ?

Nasa can put a man on the moon over 45 years ago, allegedly, but Dundee FC can't add up how many season tickets they have sold. Wots the secret here ?

I blame the drop in numeracy standards under the SNP:-)

• Like 1

An educated guess would suggest we have sold less season tixs than last season which is dissappointing but not suprising due to the price hikes.....

If we had sold more im sure the club would be shouting it from the rooftops....Hopefully more patg to make the difference up.

• Like 2

Trivial subject? It's an interesting subject to most football fans up and down the country as it's generally an indicator as to how well a club is doing and therefore receiving a long term commitment from it's support but obviously there are other factors such as massive price increases in our case. I can currently tell you how many Season Tickets United, Hearts and Rangers have sold but not us.

Wouldn't make me decide either. Got mines months ago to take advantage of the extra early bird price.

We will no doubt shift a fair few throughout this week and particularly on Saturday so I guess there is no point in announcing the figure until then.

Obviously if there is a significant decrease in sales then I doubt the club will say anything.

edited to add - United put a counter on their official website the other year with Season ticket sales number which was updated live or daily at least.

Edited by Perth Road Dee

Trivial subject? It's an interesting subject to most football fans up and down the country as it's generally an indicator as to how well a club is doing and therefore receiving a long term commitment from it's support but obviously there are other factors such as massive price increases in our case. I can currently tell you how many Season Tickets United, Hearts and Rangers have sold but not us.

Wouldn't make me decide either. Got mines months ago to take advantage of the extra early bird price.

We will no doubt shift a fair few throughout this week and particularly on Saturday so I guess there is no point in announcing the figure until then.

Obviously if there is a significant decrease in sales then I doubt the club will say anything.

edited to add - United put a counter on their official website the other year with Season ticket sales number which was updated live or daily at least.

If folk are buying season tickets on Saturday it will be mental at the shop - its bad enough buying ticket for the Coxer but I for one would not wait till Saturday unless it was at shop opening time.

We were in yesterday and there was a steady stream of people buying tickets,whether that be ST's,Utd or Hearts tickets I don't know but they did say that ST sales had been mad all day.

Trivial subject? It's an interesting subject to most football fans up and down the country as it's generally an indicator as to how well a club is doing and therefore receiving a long term commitment from it's support but obviously there are other factors such as massive price increases in our case. I can currently tell you how many Season Tickets United, Hearts and Rangers have sold but not us.

Have the filth broke their record sales for the 15th consecutive season???

If folk are buying season tickets on Saturday it will be mental at the shop - its bad enough buying ticket for the Coxer but I for one would not wait till Saturday unless it was at shop opening time.

Cue someone on here on Saturday night saying they missed the first 15 minutes of the Hearts match because they couldn't pay for a season ticket at 2.50pm.

No one will be that naïve surely?