The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
valleyboy

Disrespecting A Legend..

Rate this topic

Maybe it's just me, but it gets on my raspberry ripples when I here people say "the Coxer" or "the Coxy", it's the Bobby Cox stand, and always will be

Maybe it's just me, but it gets on my raspberry ripples when I here people say "the Coxer" or "the Coxy", it's the Bobby Cox stand, and always will be

Aye but the Shankley brothers were both know as "Shanks" - I do not think a nickname is disrespectful more a term of endearment - the South Enclosure has a far more disrespectful name!  (wait for tidal wave of opinions!)

What gets on my raspberry ripples :). ( I've nae heard that for years ) is our fans spelling Bob Shanklys name wrong. It's Shankly NOT Shankley Edited by DeeMo
  • Like 1

What gets on my raspberry ripples :). ( I've nae heard that for years ) is our fans spelling Bob Shanklys name wrong. It's Shankly NOT Shankley

Aye me too - sorry! Still even worse is bad grammar, misspelling and shocking diction - e.g your lack of apostrophe above!  Kiddin mate!

• Like 1

Aye me too - sorry! Still even worse is bad grammar, misspelling and shocking diction - e.g your lack of apostrophe above!  Kiddin mate!

:lol2: had the apostrophe in and edited it oot. Numpty

Nonsense. If in years to come Robert Douglas had a stand named after him would it be disrespectful to say you're sitting in the "Rab"? Or an Alan Gilzean stand called the Gillie?

Coincidentally if Douglas ever got a stand we would have 3 sides of the ground named after Roberts...

• Like 1

Which raises the question...

Why doesn't the *south enclosure* get named?

(It would do away with the divisive 'Derry' tag?)

The Steel Stand?            (The Steel)

The Gilzean Stand?        (The Gillie)

The Scott Stand?            (The Jocky / The Scotty)

The Kernaghan Stand?  (The Chunt)

Kinda like the Scott South Stand, if we were ever to redevelop.

Got to be the Gilzean stand for me.

Actually surprised we've never named any of our ends after him.

I know you were just speaking hypothetically Abdul, but the only way Big Rab would get a stand named after him at Dens is if we had 20 odd stands (IMO) and that is meant as no disrespect to a modern day legend which he is.

Got to be the Gilzean stand for me.

Actually surprised we've never named any of our ends after him.

I know you were just speaking hypothetically Abdul, but the only way Big Rab would get a stand named after him at Dens is if we had 20 odd stands (IMO) and that is meant as no disrespect to a modern day legend which he is.

Agreed mate.

On both points.

We should rename the main stand as the Bobby Cox Main Stand IMO as he's the greatest legend ever to walk out the tunnel of it and name the existing Coxy as the Alan Gilzean Stand.

Then it's a toss up between Jocky and Billy Steel to name the derry.

I still call it the Provie.

Never agreed with the away stand being named after our greatest manager though.

Would prefer to have the away stand named after a sponsor and have the derry renamed The Bob Shankly enclosure.

Edited by Count Duckula

And while we are at it, I think the club should have a lounge in the Main Stand dedicated to -25pt season. Those guys definitely deserve some recognition in honour of their achievement's that season.

• Like 2

And while we are at it, I think the club should have a lounge in the Main Stand dedicated to -25pt season. Those guys definitely deserve some recognition in honour of their achievement's that season.

The 23 Club lounge?

Would have to be the Pat Liney Stand.

Pat gets over looked for everything and is still a model president for our club.

• Like 1

Personally think the "Sebastiano Nela *** curse Dundee United South Enclosure" ha a great ring to it