The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Riodee

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 2 Hearts (08 Aug 2015)

Rate this topic

WTF went wrong? This game should have been put to bed by half time. We never showed up in the 2nd half. Dissapointed.

Awful awful second half.. Thomson was unbelievably inept it's scary. Gomis fouled and fouled but nae second booking? Couldnae see the penalty decision tbh but really dissapointed after last week 😕 first half was really good.

2nd half was dreadful, difficult to explain given the 1st half performance. Gutted.

For as good as we were first half we were terrible second half. Punished for McGowan and Harkins first half misses.

Typical Levein team. Diving, time wasting [email protected] and it's only the second game of the season.

Good first half, played well Hearts changed it in the second half and we couldn't cope.  Penalty looked very soft to me but need to see it again Hearts stopped us from playing with fouling and kicking all the time and somehow we got more cards than them - surprised they kept 11 on the park.  Hearts deserved it based on second half, and our defence was comical at times.

Edited by Dayzo

Gutted after that.

Total 2nd half collapse from the team after such a great first half.

We created so many chances again first half so need to be positive.

Hearts are a big nasty cheating pr**k of a team and that Juanma is a t**d.

1st half was perfect...we really need to take our chances. 

2nd half, Hearts were dirty, not a good footballing side at all, very dirty. But we never showed up, our team lost his way after they changed their formation. Still in disbelief with that 2nd half performance. 

Craig Thompson hates the Dee's fact. 

Penalty was a hand ball, I thought it was a Hearts hand but people around me reckoned McPake.

Should have had the game out of sight first half.

Hearts were brutally effective. Utterly hideous side to watch but once they went in front we never looked like scoring.

Full on Jekyll and Hyde stuff from the Dee. All the great performers in the first half were poor or anonymous in the second.

Think we saw the best and worst of this side in 90 mins.

Cynical, dirty, long ball cloggers.

We allowed them to batter us second half.

Frustrating as f**k Dundee.

Ref and wifie on the line had a mare second half as well.

Penalty was a hand ball, I thought it was a Hearts hand but people around me reckoned McPake.

Should have had the game out of sight first half.

Yes it was a McPake hand.  wtf he was thinking is anyones guess.

Decent summary of the game apart from that though.  Even in the 1st half though the signs were there regarding our sometimes schoolboy defending.

Was saying to boys round me that the 2nd goal was crucial,hearts looked more up for it 2nd half why??

Bullied by a poor team,some boys went hiding 2nd half.....

Really disappointing second half, we just didn't show up. Still need to see the penalty again but we should have been out of sight by half time so only ourselves to blame

Decent first half but poor misses meant hearts weren't in it.

Pressed higher in the second and our weaknesses were clear to see. Nothing stuck up front and KT turned in a very poor performance which is unlike him.

Back to earth with a bump and f**k me Killie must be poor. Konrad back for me next game.

First half was great. Some of the best football we've played at Dens in a long time. Really disappointed that we weren't able to tighten up and prevent Hearts creating chances. Once they were in front they knew how to close out the game.

I'm not too disheartened though. I thought we were a top six team up against a top four team going into today and what I saw out there supported that belief. Hearts are not as pretty on the eye as Dundee but they're a more balanced team. They're stronger and they will pick up more points as a result. As others have said, they're a bit dirty and cynical and sadly that probably works for me.

Overall, it was great backing from the home support and we were rewarded with some cracking football at times if not the result we were after. For all the progress we've made, Hartley doesn't seem too clever at organising the defence against really good sides so we'll drop a lot of points. Having said that I'm confident we can at least match last season's sixth place. 

It's a good time to be a Dee. These are the kinds of games we should be playing in and that first half performance suggests we've got an exciting season of football ahead.