Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 2 Hearts (08 Aug 2015)

Riodee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Decent first half but poor misses meant hearts weren't in it.

Pressed higher in the second and our weaknesses were clear to see. Nothing stuck up front and KT turned in a very poor performance which is unlike him.

Back to earth with a bump and f**k me Killie must be poor. Konrad back for me next game.

First half was great. Some of the best football we've played at Dens in a long time. Really disappointed that we weren't able to tighten up and prevent Hearts creating chances. Once they were in front they knew how to close out the game.

I'm not too disheartened though. I thought we were a top six team up against a top four team going into today and what I saw out there supported that belief. Hearts are not as pretty on the eye as Dundee but they're a more balanced team. They're stronger and they will pick up more points as a result. As others have said, they're a bit dirty and cynical and sadly that probably works for me.

Overall, it was great backing from the home support and we were rewarded with some cracking football at times if not the result we were after. For all the progress we've made, Hartley doesn't seem too clever at organising the defence against really good sides so we'll drop a lot of points. Having said that I'm confident we can at least match last season's sixth place. 

It's a good time to be a Dee. These are the kinds of games we should be playing in and that first half performance suggests we've got an exciting season of football ahead. 

KT's second half display set the tone for me.

How he and the team could go from that superb first half display to littered with basic errors in the second 45 is beyond me??

Anyway, not going to get hung up on it..

We move on.

Dabs away on Tuesday - Almost glad that we're not going into the Derby riding high now in a sick, twisted sort of way!

Would definetly like to see Loy back fit for Tuesday.

Game should have been over by half time, but we were completely bullied out of the game second half.

Most frustrating thing for me though, was the fact that Thomson was completely knackered 10 minutes into the second half, yet Hartley would not replace him or anyone else. We are behind, with time running out, playing a completely ineffective game, yet Hartley did nothing to change the tactics, formation or even just to bring on fresh legs.

Out-fought and out-thought in the 2nd half unfortunately.

Adblock Detected