Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Hospitality

Mr Sensible

Pensioners have supported the club longer than us why shouldn't they get a discount when they stop working.

Sweeping and largely incorrect statement.

Sure some will have supported since they were boys, week in week out. But some will have only come to support the club later in life, missed huge swathes during their working lives etc.

I can honestly say I've supported the club for as long anyone else because I've supported it all my life - can't support any longer than that regardless of your age.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweeping and largely incorrect statement.

Sure some will have supported since they were boys, week in week out. But some will have only come to support the club later in life, missed huge swathes during their working lives etc.

I can honestly say I've supported the club for as long anyone else because I've supported it all my life - can't support any longer than that regardless of your age.

A pensioner on the radio last week was moaning about having to pay 18 quid to get into rugby park.

He said he won't be back as he can't afford it. should someone have to pay full whack cos he has supported his team in all his life in all leagues and can no longer due to his age.

I don't think that's fair I think in this debate everyone has forgot how much hearts charged us 2 seasons ago.

The club do cheap under 12s I prefer they done for all school age but if we want a better team than the Ross chisolms Graham Haynes Jake Hyde's we are going to have pay for it.

Edited by dundeeman35

A pensioner on the radio last week was moaning about having to pay 18 quid to get into rugby park.

He said he won't be back as he can't afford it. should someone have to pay full whack cos he has supported his team in all his life in all leagues and can no longer due to his age.

I don't think that's fair I think in this debate everyone has forgot how much hearts charged us 2 seasons ago.

The club do cheap under 12s I prefer they done for all school age but if we want a better team than the Ross chisolms Graham Haynes Jake Hyde's we are going to have pay for it.

Why are we far more expensive than across the road?

Pensioners are adults and should pay adult prices. Pensioners earn money and have to buy tickets for themselves and nobody else.

Kids do not earn money and are rightly give reduced entry rates. However their 'adult' parents have to pay for their reduced price tickets as well as their own tickets. So common sense says that even if pensioners pay full adult price they'll still shell out less for their tickets than a working age adult with kids thus saving money.

And they can even get the bus there and back for nothing. (Also a disgrace)

Deeranged ...Did some pensioner dae bad things to you when you were a bairn?

Usually I enjoy reading your posts. But in this case, I think you are off the mark.

You seem to be making quite a lot of blanket assumptions and generalisations.

Some pensioners are very well off. Some are comfortable. some really struggle.

Do you really resent the free travel concession ticket ? Some use it. Some do not.

I accept there may be some validity, in children cannae go oot and earn money.

I would go as far as to say  (maybe with some restrictions)  all kids get in free.

Some pensioners, reliant on just their pension, I think may well find it very hard.

I noo dinnae drink, dinnae smoke, and dinnae even bather wi' a sma' saturday bet

But I dinnae have any resentment whatsoever, to those who do. Do you my friend ?

(All above, is just how I see it)

Adblock Detected