Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Hartley

blythswood

He gets praise when he gets things right last week and he will be criticised when things go wrong like today. He was lapping up the praise last week and rightly so. 

He has done a good job over all and is a victim of his own success to an extent in that our expectations are rising. 

It was obvious in the 1st 5 minutes of the 2nd half that they had changed it and took control of the game but Hartley didn't react.

The lack of options from the bench and to adapt tactically is a valid concern which people are rightly bringing up.

Hopefully we win on Tuesday and we're all praising him again! In the words of Ivano 'that's a football'

That's pretty much my thoughts summed up.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

yip, could have brought on roberts to run at them.

We were heading for certain defeat in the last 20 minutes. We had zero penetration. The only player on the bench who could potentially have changed the game was Roberts.

The fact that he didn't appear suggests we'd be as well just paying his contract off now to get him out of Dens.

We were heading for certain defeat in the last 20 minutes. We had zero penetration. The only player on the bench who could potentially have changed the game was Roberts.

The fact that he didn't appear suggests we'd be as well just paying his contract off now to get him out of Dens.

Agreed.

Utterly ridiculous lack of confidence in his squad from Hartley.

He signed them but obviously doesn't rate them.

Edited by blythswood

Very unhappy with the second half non performance today and result. The no subs on when losing baffled me too.

Very happy with the 90 minutes at Killie and the first 45 mins today.

I'm not going to start slating Hartley as I was happy as could be with us at 3:50pm this afternoon.

This will change though if we put in another routine easy street defeat at the dump on Tuesday night. We simply better turn up for this and put in a performance similar to the cup game there last season or the first half today or Killie game or I will be seriously p*ssed off.

The mentality of a team is so evident when they go behind. Hearts were not in the least bit concerned about going behind. Once we went behind we looked broken. You can totally sense when a football team has the heart to do deal with setbacks. I love to watch talented players like Ross, Stewart and Harkins but they're not fighters. If it's not their day they just drift out of the game.

yip, agree. but the blame is with hartley lmo

There didn't seem to be a plan B today when Hearts came out in the second half much improved from the first.

That's been one of Hartley's weaknesses, IMO, not being able to change things when the original setup isn't working (either from the start, or when the opposition gets wise to it).

I still consider him one of the best managers we've had in years, but he does still have weaknesses that need ironed out.

There didn't seem to be a plan B today when Hearts came out in the second half much improved from the first.

That's been one of Hartley's weaknesses, IMO, not being able to change things when the original setup isn't working (either from the start, or when the opposition gets wise to it).

I still consider him one of the best managers we've had in years, but he does still have weaknesses that need ironed out.

This seems to be what united fans say about Jackie. He can't change things, sub's are rubbish etc.

This seems to be what united fans say about Jackie. He can't change things, sub's are rubbish etc.

Hartley may well be on a par with McNamara in terms of ability. The problem for them is they hit their ceiling. They were talking about going for the title, they sold their best players so the only way was down.

I'm just happy to see Dundee where they belong, a top six team mixing it with the best in Scotland without breaking the bank.

The better we do the higher the demands, the greater the criticism. That's fine. We just need to remind ourselves what we've been through to get here, savour our current status and enjoy the quality players wearing our colours.

Adblock Detected