Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Hartley

blythswood

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If I'm honest, I'd rather play exciting and entertaining football and take the odd bitter defeat along the way than have a big haddy of a team that bullies its way to results with zero entertainment on show if given the offer.

Agreed. 

Yesterday was frustrating, 1st half was brilliant showing how good a team we are. 2nd half we were disorganised and slow. Hartley is still learning (good thing for us), he has made mistakes and he will learn from this. But thinking back of the managers we have had in the past, I wouldn't swap anything! We are going in the right direction, playing lovely football,  but still think we need a extra body or two. 

Onwards and upwards ! 

Can't help but think it will be a very similar season to last season.

We're overloaded with similar players, short up front and naive as an under 9s team. Simple change in shape from Neilson and Hartley was beat.

Big and ugly wins you games in Scotland, that's why Levein does well up here but gets found out everywhere else.

That's a good few posts from you from last night criticising PH.  Do you think he should be sacked?  If we get beat on Tuesday, do you think he should be sacked?

Attilio, on 09 Aug 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

That's a good few posts from you from last night criticising PH.  Do you think he should be sacked?  If we get beat on Tuesday, do you think he should be sacked?

If anyone answers yes to either of those questions, I have to truly wonder about their sanity! Don't know why Hartley's future is even up for debate. Last week we were all talking about the importance of hanging onto him!

That's a good few posts from you from last night criticising PH. Do you think he should be sacked? If we get beat on Tuesday, do you think he should be sacked?

Not at all, but he's got to take the blame for that yesterday. He made a total mess of a very winnable game.

If anyone answers yes to either of those questions, I have to truly wonder about their sanity! Don't know why Hartley's future is even up for debate. Last week we were all talking about the importance of hanging onto him!

For what it's worth it's fairly clear I'm not PH's biggest fan. However there would be absolutely no benefit in any change right now.

Tbf the players he has brought in that are in the first team look like improvements on last season. It's the tactical side/squad depth that I think let him down.

Yesterday was disappointing and I was as down after a defeat as I have been in years but in the cold light of day this morning I see no reason why we shouldn't be beating The DaBs on Tuesday.

Tbh he sent out all the wrong messages today. Ones I don't agree with.

Mainly dropping Konrad is like saying, no matter how good you play son, you will never start if McPake is fit.

And Also, to boys on the bench. It does not matter how bad we are playing, you lot won't change the game.

McPake is by far our best defender, of course he will play him before Konrad, there is no room for sentiment.

Not at all, but he's got to take the blame for that yesterday. He made a total mess of a very winnable game.

Fair enough bud but reading through the posts from last night you did come across as a bit anti Hartley.

Very good 1st half  I thought and should really have taken at least one of those chances?  Something positive to take going forward.

We couldn't react to Hearts change of formation and attitude in the 2nd half, that was clear and I would guess that PH has been asking himself some questions.

Maybe if we had  Loy, Tankulic or Low fit we could have put them on and tried to change things but I really couldn't see one of the three full backs or Roberts changing anything.

Ivan Drago, on 09 Aug 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Thought it was right to bring in McPake to deal with the presence of Juanma. Would have personally kept Tam in ahead of Julen but that's personal preference.

I'm with you on that Ivan. Think Konrad would have struggled facing Juanma. It just showed how big a team Hearts were as I remarked that Hemmings was having to mark Sow at corners, who's no shorty himself.

Adblock Detected