Boba Fett

Team For Derby

Rate this topic

What I would like to see:

What I think we will see:

Three major things for me are:

1. Hopefully Loy's mystery injury has cleared up and he starts

2. Konrad doesn't start against the Dabs - his previous efforts don't merit it

3. If KT isn't playing - we retain our shape from Killie which includes Loy, Hemmings and Stewart inter changing up front

Yesterday has been and gone.

Focus on the game and a half of superb attacking football we have played. Pick yourself up PH and get at them from the off please Dundee.

DDYB

Edited by Boba Fett

Think the nail on head in that post is the interchanging up front. That was what ripped Killie to shreds and I think will do likewise to United.

Their centre halves in Durnan and Donaldson look like the strongest part of their team as they have lost a lot of the attacking threat.

Would also employ a shoot on sight policy based on that keeper, seems to parry an awful lot.

Absolutely no reason we can't go there and turn them over

I think if we go with a midfield 3 of Ross Harkins and Thomson we are just asking for trouble.All good players yes,but none them are physical enough for a derby.United bullied us last season and would do so again.McGowan 100% has to play on Tuesday.Also I would drop Harkins, as much as I like him,how many times has he just went missing in big games?I dont think he's ever played well in a derby

Edited by teddydfc62

Think the nail on head in that post is the interchanging up front. That was what ripped Killie to shreds and I think will do likewise to United.

Their centre halves in Durnan and Donaldson look like the strongest part of their team as they have lost a lot of the attacking threat.

Would also employ a shoot on sight policy based on that keeper, seems to parry an awful lot.

Absolutely no reason we can't go there and turn them over

Agree with Ivan, if we take our chances, which we will create, then I can see us winning comfortable. Rankin is a poor man gomis, Thomson and McGowan should have him in their pocket. United are a 'bit' better than Killie, no much though. 

If fit I would put in Low for McGowan and that would be the only change.

McGowan's decision making and passing yesterday were very poor, lots of running around achieving very little.

Bain

Holt

Mcginn

Tam

Julien

Ross

Stewart

KT

Low

Hemmings

Loy

Would be my side if all fit

Just looking at Beaster Mad a moment ago..

If their team for Tuesday resembles their starting eleven yesterday, I think we could really give them the run around.

Zwick 21

Durnan 22

Donaldson 20

Souttar 18

Telfer 20

Spittal 19

Fraser 20

Muirhead 19

Connolly 19

Who are the more experienced players they may call upon against us?

Erskine 28

Rankin 32

McGowan 25

Bilate 24

Bodul 26

Ron Weasley 23

Cool heads and quick thinking on Tuesday Dundee. This lot are there for the taking..

Edited by Boba Fett

Just looking at Beaster Mad a moment ago..

If their team for Tuesday resembles their starting eleven yesterday, I think we could really give them the run around.

Zwick 21

Durnan 22

Donaldson 20

Souttar 18

Telfer 20

Spittal 19

Fraser 20

Muirhead 19

Connolly 19

Who are the more experienced players they may call upon against us?

Erskine 28

Rankin 32

McGowan 25

Bilate 24

Bodul 26

Ron Weasley 23

Cool heads and quick thinking on Tuesday Dundee. This lot are there for the taking..

Wow, did that first nine start on Saturday?

That's a team of bairns practically.

I'm always prepared for the worst against that lot but we could humiliate them if our lads are all fit and we turn up.

Durnan (And Donaldson although I can't profess to having seen a lot of him) is top class. I was really disappointed when we never went for him and was distraught when United signed him! Really though, do United have any players to fear these days!? Sure they may beat us but do they have the ability to turn anyone over, much less us? There really is nothing to be afraid of and on paper I reckon we have a much stronger side. Tuesday night should be ours to gloriously savour, but football doesn't always work out like that.

For the first time, in as long as I remember though, it's us that's in a position that will win 'if we play our normal game' whereas United are the team that will have to 'get at us and stop us from playing our normal game'. How times change, hopefully we react appropriately.

I agree Ludo.. Durnan looked like a player with real potential at QOTS with the others being Holt and Reilly.

All three have moved on to bigger and better things although I wonder just how Reilly will "fit in" to that Hearts team packed with 6ft 3" thespians. He'll need to learn how to roll around from the big Spaniard.

Don't know anything of Donaldson tbh.

Pretty simple for me.. If we can win the midfield and allow our attacking players the freedom to create as we have for 3/4 of the season so far, we SHOULD win the game.

Add into that, an effective counter to a change of style from the opposition and we'll win more games than we lose.

As always, the form book is out the window for this one but on paper we have the team to turn them over.

I have no doubt that United will look like a team of Oompa Loompas compared to Hearts on Saturday.

That's a good start..... :)

Same team as Killie - go right after them from the off. And through them in midfield. Thomson needs to boss this game right from the start.

I take very little (nae) interest in the "ither club" ......... Their team in general,or their specific players.

But eh cannae help but notice, in the last season maist o their "star" players have moved on to pastures new.

I also think their club and fans are "Lost in the Wilderness" with little purpose and no real ambitious plans for the future.

While they continue to disintegrate, I believe we are progressing steadily., Ambitiously buiding a great team and future for our Club.

Does that in any way guarantee a win for us on Tuesday .... No maybe not.    And  I'll be jist as seek if we lose ...... But the opportunity is there.

But realistically I like the way we are heading. And I think "they" seem tae be going sidey ways, with a Chairman, who appears to be lost in the "outback"

"C'mon the Dee, forget the setback in the second half...Jist focus on what you are capable of .... You are playing great football ... Believe in yourselves tomorrow"

Here is what I would go for....

Bain
Mcginn Mcpake Julen Holt 

Ross Thomson Mcgowan

Stewart
Loy Hemmings

I am one of Harkins biggest fans, but think if we go with Gowser, Ross and Thomson in the middle we can really control the middle of the park and get on top of United's very inexperienced looking midfield. Stewart, Loy and Hemmings will create plenty as a front 3 and would also leave us an attacking option to bring on from the bench. 

Here is what I would go for....

Bain

Mcginn Mcpake Julen Holt

Ross Thomson Mcgowan

Stewart

Loy Hemmings

I am one of Harkins biggest fans, but think if we go with Gowser, Ross and Thomson in the middle we can really control the middle of the park and get on top of United's very inexperienced looking midfield. Stewart, Loy and Hemmings will create plenty as a front 3 and would also leave us an attacking option to bring on from the bench.

Big question... Will KT play?

ETA - Second big question... Will Loy be fit?

Edited by Boba Fett