Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Team For Derby

Boba Fett

What I would like to see:

What I think we will see:

Three major things for me are:

1. Hopefully Loy's mystery injury has cleared up and he starts

2. Konrad doesn't start against the Dabs - his previous efforts don't merit it

3. If KT isn't playing - we retain our shape from Killie which includes Loy, Hemmings and Stewart inter changing up front

Yesterday has been and gone.

Focus on the game and a half of superb attacking football we have played. Pick yourself up PH and get at them from the off please Dundee.

DDYB

Edited by Boba Fett

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Think the nail on head in that post is the interchanging up front. That was what ripped Killie to shreds and I think will do likewise to United.

Their centre halves in Durnan and Donaldson look like the strongest part of their team as they have lost a lot of the attacking threat.

Would also employ a shoot on sight policy based on that keeper, seems to parry an awful lot.

Absolutely no reason we can't go there and turn them over

I think if we go with a midfield 3 of Ross Harkins and Thomson we are just asking for trouble.All good players yes,but none them are physical enough for a derby.United bullied us last season and would do so again.McGowan 100% has to play on Tuesday.Also I would drop Harkins, as much as I like him,how many times has he just went missing in big games?I dont think he's ever played well in a derby

Edited by teddydfc62

Think the nail on head in that post is the interchanging up front. That was what ripped Killie to shreds and I think will do likewise to United.

Their centre halves in Durnan and Donaldson look like the strongest part of their team as they have lost a lot of the attacking threat.

Would also employ a shoot on sight policy based on that keeper, seems to parry an awful lot.

Absolutely no reason we can't go there and turn them over

Agree with Ivan, if we take our chances, which we will create, then I can see us winning comfortable. Rankin is a poor man gomis, Thomson and McGowan should have him in their pocket. United are a 'bit' better than Killie, no much though. 

Just looking at Beaster Mad a moment ago..

If their team for Tuesday resembles their starting eleven yesterday, I think we could really give them the run around.

Zwick 21

Durnan 22

Donaldson 20

Souttar 18

Telfer 20

Spittal 19

Fraser 20

Muirhead 19

Connolly 19

Who are the more experienced players they may call upon against us?

Erskine 28

Rankin 32

McGowan 25

Bilate 24

Bodul 26

Ron Weasley 23

Cool heads and quick thinking on Tuesday Dundee. This lot are there for the taking..

Edited by Boba Fett

Just looking at Beaster Mad a moment ago..

If their team for Tuesday resembles their starting eleven yesterday, I think we could really give them the run around.

Zwick 21

Durnan 22

Donaldson 20

Souttar 18

Telfer 20

Spittal 19

Fraser 20

Muirhead 19

Connolly 19

Who are the more experienced players they may call upon against us?

Erskine 28

Rankin 32

McGowan 25

Bilate 24

Bodul 26

Ron Weasley 23

Cool heads and quick thinking on Tuesday Dundee. This lot are there for the taking..

Wow, did that first nine start on Saturday?

That's a team of bairns practically.

Durnan (And Donaldson although I can't profess to having seen a lot of him) is top class. I was really disappointed when we never went for him and was distraught when United signed him! Really though, do United have any players to fear these days!? Sure they may beat us but do they have the ability to turn anyone over, much less us? There really is nothing to be afraid of and on paper I reckon we have a much stronger side. Tuesday night should be ours to gloriously savour, but football doesn't always work out like that.

For the first time, in as long as I remember though, it's us that's in a position that will win 'if we play our normal game' whereas United are the team that will have to 'get at us and stop us from playing our normal game'. How times change, hopefully we react appropriately.

I agree Ludo.. Durnan looked like a player with real potential at QOTS with the others being Holt and Reilly.

All three have moved on to bigger and better things although I wonder just how Reilly will "fit in" to that Hearts team packed with 6ft 3" thespians. He'll need to learn how to roll around from the big Spaniard.

Don't know anything of Donaldson tbh.

Pretty simple for me.. If we can win the midfield and allow our attacking players the freedom to create as we have for 3/4 of the season so far, we SHOULD win the game.

Add into that, an effective counter to a change of style from the opposition and we'll win more games than we lose.

As always, the form book is out the window for this one but on paper we have the team to turn them over.

I have no doubt that United will look like a team of Oompa Loompas compared to Hearts on Saturday.

That's a good start..... :)

Adblock Detected