Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Your First Win Across The Street

Cobra

Which game was your first experience of a win at the sticklebrick?

Mine was the 4-3 victory in 1984. Derek McWilliams gave us an early lead before John Sumo Clark equalised. Tosh McKinlay put us back in front at the start of the second half before Sturrock quickly equalised. I thought Colin Harris had won it when he scored on the hour mark but Clark got them a third equaliser. A couple of minutes later, Bomber put us ahead for the fourth time. Incredible scenes. Was pretty scary as a kid to be caught up in those celebrations to be honest.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to go with my Grandad and he was a home games only man so my first one was the Grady winner.

You will walk a long long way to see A sweeter strike of a ball.

Absolutely loved that season and that dee side.

Makes me smile just thinking about that moment. If Carlsberg made goals and celebrations that would it.

My grandad was the same. Don't think he ever considered going to an away game, even Muirton. Probably because he had to be home for his tea. Different culture back then I suppose.

And funnily enough it was our last win there which was my first one, Lovell and Sutton with the goals in a 2-1 win.. Think my old man was away when georgi scored the chip and CC33 got his goal too.. And I couldn't go on my own, too young so missed that ane, gutted looking back and I wasn't there to witness it!

1-0 late D**ds penalty in front of the shed in my first ever derby, not a bad way to start.  Was the first and last time had to endure the knee-cracker stand.

I think that the was the last time I was in that stand opposite the shed. If I recall correctly they were all over us for the whole game and we won it at the death with the penalty. Immensely satisfying partly because it was so undeserved.

Adblock Detected