Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Harkins Penalty Claim

Ivan Drago

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly symptomatic of our soft touch mentality. Other clubs, especially those who have had Levein involvement, would be seething about that decision. We say nothing. Refs like Thomson are consistently influenced by pressure but we don't put them under any.

Agree with this. Sadly scottish refs are heavily influenced, why the old firm get everything too. Stick on pen for us tho. 

I was going to post that earlier but thought I'd get accused of being a DAB for moaning about a refereeing decision!!!!  Was sitting right in line with Osturk's foul on GGH - absolute stone-waller, a lot clearer than the penalty Konrad gave away at the Dump for a 'shoulder to shoulder' challenge.  Osturk was skinned and made no effort to play the ball so brought Harkins down - I certainly don't buy the 'it's okay to foul using your shoulder' argument.  Have seen it again on BBC Alba and really surprised none of our players (or more of our fans) went nuts apart from GGH.  If that had been Celtic (or Aberdeen or the DABS) it would all over the press.  Obviously it's near impossible to change a ref's mind but at least make your case and you might get the next one.  The Aberdeen off side equaliser in the 3-3 game is another example and still rankles.      

It was a stonewaller but easy for a weak ref to ignore. I refused to let myself get annoyed about it at the time. You accept the bad decisions will happen and you hope that the odd one goes your way.

I think we're going to finish fifth, some way off third and seventh so these crappy decisions should not have a massive impact on our season.

I thought they had two ball to hand incidents in the first half that might have been given. But we just don't seem to count. Looks like the refs have a rule, top team v lower team top team gets the decisions that are 50/50.

Would it be possible, worthwhile, building a series of clips of penalty denied decisions?

Getting paranoid already!

Adblock Detected