The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Drago

Harkins Penalty Claim

Rate this topic

Just watched Deetv highlights and it looks a stick on to me. Defender moves his body across Harkins to check him out of the play.

Much clearer cut than I thought at the time

Sadly symptomatic of our soft touch mentality. Other clubs, especially those who have had Levein involvement, would be seething about that decision. We say nothing. Refs like Thomson are consistently influenced by pressure but we don't put them under any.

Not seen it back yet, but at the time me and my cousin especially were screaming for it. Right in line with it and no surprise to see the incompetent Thompson see nothing of it..

Sadly symptomatic of our soft touch mentality. Other clubs, especially those who have had Levein involvement, would be seething about that decision. We say nothing. Refs like Thomson are consistently influenced by pressure but we don't put them under any.

Agree with this. Sadly scottish refs are heavily influenced, why the old firm get everything too. Stick on pen for us tho. 

Any other place on the pitch it would have been a foul-but sadly as it was in the penalty box Mr Thomson just didn't have the bottle to give it-stone waller for me.

Bottled it in front of their fans. Strange he didn't bottle giving them one in front of ours.

I was going to post that earlier but thought I'd get accused of being a DAB for moaning about a refereeing decision!!!!  Was sitting right in line with Osturk's foul on GGH - absolute stone-waller, a lot clearer than the penalty Konrad gave away at the Dump for a 'shoulder to shoulder' challenge.  Osturk was skinned and made no effort to play the ball so brought Harkins down - I certainly don't buy the 'it's okay to foul using your shoulder' argument.  Have seen it again on BBC Alba and really surprised none of our players (or more of our fans) went nuts apart from GGH.  If that had been Celtic (or Aberdeen or the DABS) it would all over the press.  Obviously it's near impossible to change a ref's mind but at least make your case and you might get the next one.  The Aberdeen off side equaliser in the 3-3 game is another example and still rankles.      

It was a stick on. I haven't seen it on the highlights but from where I was in the Derry it was clear the defender made no effort to get the ball and cleaned GGH out. 

Absolute stick-on. No attempt to play the ball. Blatant obstruction and a shocking decision.

It was a stonewaller but easy for a weak ref to ignore. I refused to let myself get annoyed about it at the time. You accept the bad decisions will happen and you hope that the odd one goes your way.

I think we're going to finish fifth, some way off third and seventh so these crappy decisions should not have a massive impact on our season.

I thought they had two ball to hand incidents in the first half that might have been given. But we just don't seem to count. Looks like the refs have a rule, top team v lower team top team gets the decisions that are 50/50.

Would it be possible, worthwhile, building a series of clips of penalty denied decisions?

Getting paranoid already!

It was a stick on. I haven't seen it on the highlights but from where I was in the Derry it was clear the defender made no effort to get the ball and cleaned GGH out. 

Just watched the highlights (twice) Agree penallty. Just took GH out the game.

Briefly on another note.  In the first half DFC played some really classy stuff.

We really could have went in at half time 5 goals up. Quality is definitely there.

Second half, were harried off the ball. But they/we, can focus on the positives.

Two games into the season, and there has been a lot to like. "C'mon the Dee"

The ref on Tuesday is John Beaton ....

Not sure how I feel about this one.

Gave United a joke pen in the last derby at Dens...but the superstitious side of me is saying "he reffed the only derby we won last season" :lol2:  

Not sure how I feel about this one.

Gave United a joke pen in the last derby at Dens...but the superstitious side of me is saying "he reffed the only derby we won last season" :lol2:

Would you take a joke pen if we won again mate?