The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
JDee

Tuesday Night.

Rate this topic

Forgetting about that second half yesterday, its really important we don't suffer another defeat on Tuesday. I'd drop Harkins for this one, and McGowan - i can see why people like McGowans style but he actually gives us very little going forward.

My team would be:

Bain

McGinn McPake Julen Holt

Low Thomson

Stewart Ross Loy

Hemmings

We need to take the chances this time.

Will Thomson even be able to play given that it's just 3 days after he put in 90 minutes at the weekend?

Will Thomson even be able to play given that it's just 3 days after he put in 90 minutes at the weekend?

He made a Saturday and Wednesday last season (playing 90 minutes in both) but he was out for the next game after. I guess it's possible but likely that they'll check his condition before the match and see how he is

I'd take that 11 proposed though assuming Loy and Low are fit. Hopefully Tankulic is back on the bench so we actually have an option to bring on. Although Harkins would be in my best overall 11, he doesn't suit this fixture and the intensity makes him go missing so I'd rather bring him on late in the game.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with this team and we've demonstrated some top quality stuff over 135 minutes of football. We've just got to keep our heads up and battle back if things are going wrong. United will aim to take Stewart out of the game but if we get everyone persisting, it won't matter. McGinn needs to be a bit more confident and just hit driven crosses into the box (a bit more like Holt) to allow Hemmings and Loy to make a nuisance of themselves.

I know Harkins has never been great in derbies (to be fair, who has for us in the last several derbies bar the 3-1 win) but I really can't see why we'd drop him on Tuesday?

Easily still our most creative player.

Yesterday, sets up Holt for what should have been a goal. Could have scored himself. Had another couple excellent deliveries. Should have had a penalty after a good run.

Had a great game at Killie and sets up Loy with a sublime assist.

Has to start for me.

Edited by Perth Road Dee

Same team as Killie if possible for me.

Despite yesterday's setback I am actually pretty confident. If we can perform for 90 minutes as we have done for 1.5 of the 2 matches so far, we'll beat them. 

Same team as Killie if possible for me.

Despite yesterday's setback I am actually pretty confident. If we can perform for 90 minutes as we have done for 1.5 of the 2 matches so far, we'll beat them.

My thoughts exactly..

Same team as Killie with McPake in for Konrad for me.

I think we could potentially destroy them if Loy and Low and everyone else are fit.

Also, wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see us get beat.

After all that I'll predict 1-1.

If Konrad starts and gifts them a match-winning penalty, I might spontaneously combust out of sheer anger.

I think we could potentially destroy them if Loy and Low and everyone else are fit.

If Konrad starts and gifts them a match-winning penalty, I might spontaneously combust out of sheer anger.

How far off is Low from getting a game?

Cant see him starting against the DABs even if he is now fit

You need to put this Konrad thing to bed Cobra.  Its putting years on you. :D

What if Julen is gash in the next two derbies?