Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Albert Kidd's Dream Team

Cobra

Just had a look at the Sun today and saw he'd picked the best players he'd played with.

Tam Carson

Stewart McKimmie

Tosh McKinlay

Bobby Glennie

Colin Hendry

Cammy Fraser

Bobby Connor

John Brown

Lex Richardson

Iain Ferguson

Ray Stephen

That's some team. They'd probably win the current Premiership.

Out of curiosity, does anyone remember anything about Lex Richardson? He spent two seasons at Dens in the mid-80s but I can't mind if he was any good.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

lex came to dens  in a swap deal for sinky I think, lex Richardson had been a quality player in Alex Fergusons St Mirren team, although he did a decent turn at dens he never really reached the same form as he shown at love street

Decent enough team, but I do have isues with the centre backs. Hendry played very few games for the first team and Bobby Glennie, whilst a regular, wasn't really that great.

Replace them with Jim Duffy(can't believe he wasn't in Kidd's team in the first place) and Jim Smith.

Also, Richardson in midfield. Don't remember him being very effective for us....I'd have Stuart Rafferty.

I'd also move Shakey to the subs bench and swap him with Graham Harvey.

Subs: Bobby Geddes, Stewart Forsyth, John McCormack, Ray Stephen and Eric Sinclair.

Wow....that would be some team. 

Decent enough team, but I do have isues with the centre backs. Hendry played very few games for the first team and Bobby Glennie, whilst a regular, wasn't really that great.

Replace them with Jim Duffy(can't believe he wasn't in Kidd's team in the first place) and Jim Smith.

Also, Richardson in midfield. Don't remember him being very effective for us....I'd have Stuart Rafferty.

I'd also move Shakey to the subs bench and swap him with Graham Harvey.

Subs: Bobby Geddes, Stewart Forsyth, John McCormack, Ray Stephen and Eric Sinclair.

Wow....that would be some team. 

Cheers Clearwater for another insightful post.

I was too young to fully appreciate that era but I assumed that Glennie, while a popular figure, can't have been anywhere near Narey in terms of ability.

Hendry is a curious choice given that he was a striker for Dundee. Maybe Kidd picked him based upon what he achieved for Blackburn.

Rafferty and Harvey were fantastic from what I remember but I was a big fan of Shaky (who was signed by Wenger I believe).

Adblock Detected