Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Keys On BBC News

Prince Buster

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We've won zero major trophies in 42 years and haven't finished in the top 4 since 1962 so I'd be more than happy to challenge for trophies and consolidate in the top 6.

It's a bit grim that I'm going to turn 40 without having seen Dundee lift a major trophy. Have watched 14 clubs do it in my lifetime (Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, United, Aberdeen, Raith, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Motherwell, Raith, Livingston, St Johnstone and Inverness). Given the size of our club, we should really have won a trophy in that time. I suppose it will be all the sweeter when it finally happens.

We've won zero major trophies in 42 years and haven't finished in the top 4 since 1962 so I'd be more than happy to challenge for trophies and consolidate in the top 6.

Which makes it all the more incredible that we've managed to hang on to the large support that we still have in Scottish clubs terms..

A competitive team on the park, some sensible running of the club over the next few years and a slice of "out of the box" thinking by the leagues leadership and we should be in a good position to say that we're back where we belong in hopefully a healthier climate than every club finds themselves in now.

No wonder the Dabs are bewildered by us after all the s**t we've had to put up with. 

It must infuriate them that we've not just rolled over and died during their hey day.

Edited by Boba Fett

It's a bit grim that I'm going to turn 40 without having seen Dundee lift a major trophy. Have watched 14 clubs do it in my lifetime (Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, United, Aberdeen, Raith, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Motherwell, Raith, Livingston, St Johnstone and Inverness). Given the size of our club, we should really have won a trophy in that time. I suppose it will be all the sweeter when it finally happens.

Ditto 40 this year as well.

I was 6 months and ten days old when we last won a major trophy.

Not sure that counts as having "seen" it....

I was 5,6,7 around the time United won the League Cup and league at Dens. Was too young to really give a sh*t. I don't think anything is all that meaningful to you as a football fan until you get to about maybe 8 or 9.

Sounds a bit daft now but I remember being gutted when we lost the first Tennant's Sixes final to Rangers in 1984. Was in the car on the way home from Boys' Brigade and Dundee were 4-2 up. Got home to check Teletext and we lost 6-4. I used to love staying up late to watch the highlights of those games. The Old Firm got sponsored by McEwans and the whole thing died. Still, I got to see Bobby Geddes lift the trophy in 1988 (I think he was our captain but can't say for sure). Tommy Coyne was fantastic playing indoor.

Adblock Detected