Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Season Ahead...

Boba Fett

Looking at the start we've made this year, it's obvious we are a much improved attacking force. We have scored seven goals in three games.

Last season it took us until our eighth league game on 27th September at Ross County to score our 7th league goal.

On the other hand, we have already conceded four in three games this season which is far leakier than last season where we didn't concede our fourth league goal until the first Derby debacle on 21st September. That was seven games into the league campaign.

Four points from nine is a reasonable return from our three opening fixtures.

If we can tighten up at the back and add some steel to our overall defensive play, I think we'll be in for a hell of a season.

It sounds crazy but I'd also like to see us with more attacking options. If PH is keen on playing Hemmings, Loy and Stewart all at once (and to his credit - it looks like he is) then I feel we need a different "type" of striker / winger to utilise when our front three are failing to make an impact.

We've seen it already this season in the second half against Hearts when we literally had nobody to bring on that could improve our attacking options. Felt that way again last night when Utd were taking control of the game and Hemmings / Loy were less effective in the second half.

An out and out winger (Not Phil Roberts) or a big target man (look what McPake managed to do last night) would at least allow us to change things around if required.

The league table is looking interesting with Hearts winning again tonight and Septic only managing a draw down at Rugby Park..

Exciting times ahead me thinks..

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree I think we could be in for one hell of a season!

As you said, if we get more tight and the back and start taking our chances going forward, we could genuinely push for a place in the top 4 or 5. 

Looking at our subs, (Roberts wasn't even the squad last night) I think we could do with another attacker as once tank is back, he won't offer much of a goal threat anyway.

It would be great if we can get rid of Roberts now, and perhaps Ferry too which will allow us to bring in a big target man? or an actual decent pacey winger. 

We are a bit short of attacking options mate. I suppose McGowan or ggh can be pushed forward and we'll have Wighton back in January.

True but it's not enough bud.. We'd also be sacrificing other areas of the team with GGH doing the business in this new deeper role within the midfield.

Personally I'd want the likes of Gowser and Harkins influencing the game from further back nowadays (Not to mention Gowser can't shoot!!)

The Tank and Roberts are both beyond hope as well IMO.

I'm really happy with the squad and the start we've made. The dropped points would be a problem if we were title contenders but we're not so we can satisfied with four points from nine. We're currently fourth behind Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts and that's the way we want it to be come the end of the season.

Given that we're playing three up front, we do lack options on the bench. Roberts must be finished at Dens if he wasn't asked to come on against Hearts. I'm sure Hartley will bring in another forward if the money is there.

Defence remains a problem. I worry that we're going to concede a lot of goals this season. I suppose it's up to the coaching staff to the drill the players better on the training pitch.

Although we might be able to bring someone else in, Stewart is a special player and I doubt we could bring someone of the same quality in.

He would be a massive loss

Agree with you there J-K ' .... I some ways it's a positive and healthy reflection on the progress of our Club, that we can speak of the possibility of players lost (sold) in the January Window. But at the same time, there is that future worry. As good/great, player,s like Greg Stewart move on, what effect will that have on Oor Team.

Adblocker Detected