The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Gnasher

Tim Keyes Says He’S At Dundee For The Long Term

Rate this topic

The Dundee business model is not reliant on turning a profit. So long as the club breaks even, Keyes is content.

Interview

The difference being they are two years in and things are very good on the park this time..

Stadium situation is a concern as it was clearly stated that a Dens buy back was on the agenda prior to their investment.

Furthermore, it was only in Spring this year (before BC's departure) when it was announced we were in negotiations with John Bennett over returning Dens to the clubs ownership.

All quiet on that front since..

Less importantly- I can't believe Keyes is 46. He looks about 18!

It has to be a good thing that we're hearing the same positive comments two years on with major progress having been made on the park.

I think scepticism is engrained into us due to our recent history, and rightly so, we want our club here and we have fought tooth and nail and gone far beyond what the majority of other football supporters have gone through to ensure our team is on the park. 

However, we can only judge them on what they have done so far and imo they haven't done much wrong so far. An improved team on the park, the club seems to be moving in the right direction off the park and the only really cock-up has been individual match pricing. 

We have to see past the results on the park and hold FPS to account as best as we can. A good set of results can paper over more important issues. That is the most difficult thing for us fans to do. 

I for one, will always be nervous when this subject comes up no matter who is in charge at the club as those dark days are so memorable. So far so good but if any warning signs come to fruition where do we go and what do we do to try to reverse any before it gets too serious?

I don't like being a doom and gloomer but hopefully I'm closer to a realist than anything  :unsure:

• Like 1

There's an old chinese proverb (isn't there always?)

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

I think another way of phrasing that could be "fore-warned is fore-armed" 

Yes - we all know we've heard this sort of thing before.

Yes - we all know that thos epromises collapsed into screaming void and left us dangling in the wind.

so, therefore, Yes - we are obviously going to treat subsequent claims that "It's all going to be different!" with more than a pinch of salt.

However...

To simply slam it as "same old, same old" and give it no chance, is a self-fullfilling prophecy.

It's an unfortunate truth that in order to build the team we'd all love to see, we *must* have this kind of outside investment.

Dundee is not a big enough city to financially support a Celtic, or Rangers (or Hearts or Hibs) and worse, we also have another kiddy-on team taking away income which should be rightfully ours!  :) - but, with a successful team, comes greater rewards.

Reading that interview, there's a lot between the lines.

What I got from this is that they are not afraid to speculate to accumulate - I think (probably sooner than we would like-but maybe not) we will see sales.

But I think they will be prudent, not dismantling team.

It reads to me that The Team is the goal for TK, and a slow burn build would actually suit us well. It is NOT impossible to see such a tactic taking us to the peaks that we dream of... but it will take time. And seeing the interview stating 10,15 or 20 years... That doesn't seem too fly-by-night to me.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

No rash promises, no overspending sensible businesspractises these are the things I took out of the interview and they were a welcome response from our owner. As others have said so far so good.

It's fair to say our past will always haunt us as fans but we have to look forward. Most SPFL sides are privately owned and I think we are no more or less in danger of getting ourselves in trouble than anyone else. In fact there are a few clubs fans out there that I suspect have more to worry about than us.

I like the way FPS are going about their business. No Pipedream Promise's, just a sense of where the club should be and how they hope to keep it there.

We have brought in players wisely and as far as I believe, those coming from the lower leagues are on a relatively low wage by Premier League standards. Key's also publicly promising to re invest money from Transfer's as well, so win win.

Looks like the 7 year plan has been binned... starting to look more like a 15/20 year one now..

I'm glad to see the Keys family are committed to the Dees long term and showing some passion for our club.

The fact he mentions they aren't here to turn a profit and run like some on here seem to suggest is also a very good thing to hear.

I'm of the opinion that things are looking very positive and that we are light years ahead of where we were before the Americans came on board ..

My only concern is that the stadium seems to be put on the back burner when a few months back it was stated we were in talks to buy it back.

I  would like to know why this is seeing as it was clearly stated as being one of the things would be on the agenda after they got control of the club ..  If they aren't looking to buy it back now can we know what's changed and where they see us going with this in the future..

Quite simply our fans have to go to Dens in numbers if we are to move on.

Ticket prices don't help, but the facts of life in football are such that our fans have to turn out, especially as the product is very good at the moment.

Quite simply our fans have to go to Dens in numbers if we are to move on.

Ticket prices don't help, but the facts of life in football are such that our fans have to turn out, especially as the product is very good at the moment.

Spot on spirit.. That much was made clear by Bill Colvin before he left 'if we were to reclaim the top team status in Dundee anyway…

The more communication and interaction by the FPS with the DFC fans and supporters, the more likely they/we, will be in understanding, that the main way for DFC to move forward and improve our team and Club is to accept ticket prices will rise, and continue (where and when possible) to keep, in increasing numbers, attending the games at Dens.

For some, because of financial hardship, illness, or reasons of distance, age, etc. this might be impossible .... and the Club should do what it can to help. here.

But on the other hand, Dundee Fans and Supporters, have had the experience of making difficult sacrifices for our Club, over long periods. Real Supporters

Tim Keyes made his plans clear. And it seemed to me, to be an honest appraisal as to where they are now, while at the same time, indicating, where they hope to see DFC in the future.

I am sure this will make many others, like me, feels this kind of communication and openness, strengthens the bond between DFC investors and ourselves, and helps us as fans, to believe, we are in this together.

Tuesday night will have given him a total understanding of how much our club means to us. And his focus will be on (together) making us Top City Club again

As much as I like them, We've heard it all before.

This.

Very happy with everything at Dens just now other than some of the ticket prices but we really have heard all this before.