The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
SpiderDee1893

3rd Kit ?

Rate this topic

Any word on this Tartan 3rd kit we might be having  ?

Any word on this Tartan 3rd kit we might be having  ?

Anniversary weekend of the Loos is 25th September so I can see it being release middle of next month.

Will fly off the shelves IMO.

Yeah sorry for the late reply but Mr latif has hit the nail on the head, I was told exactly the same thing by John Nelms about 7-8 months ago regarding the 3rd kit

It is going to be in blackwatch tartan mate

5904_064_2032742i.jpg

Is that the one from the tour of south africa (think thats where it was) many moons ago?

Do Dundee not have their own tartan? I thought we'd use that.

Billy Steel wore the tartan kit when George Anderson took the Dee to South Africa as part of the 60th anniversary celebrations in 1953.

139422813302steel.jpg

Do Dundee not have their own tartan? I thought we'd use that.

They do, but the whole point of the release of this strip is to commemorate the hundreds of Black Watch Dundee men who went to fight in the battle of the Loos and never came home.

The image of them getting on the train at Dundee is incredibly poignant.

To this day the anniversary is one of the only days the law monument gets lit up.

33ys5dd.jpg

I stand under that clock twice a week on my way back home. Really gives you something to think about.

Aye I think the black watch will be in attendance for a game at Dens in September.

My great grandfather was part of the Black Watch and was born in 1893 funnily enough. He was lucky enough to come back from the Battle of the Loos, but at the expense of receiving seven bullets in one of his legs and left overnight. Can't imagine the pain he went through, and how he was able to walk on that same leg years later was a mystery to me. He was apparently in so much pain at the time that he apparently pleaded for the doctor/surgeon to take it off, but whatever they did do, they didn't do that and managed to save his leg. Thousands of others weren't as lucky as my great grandfather so respect to Dundee for doing this.

• Like 3

My great grandfather was part of the Black Watch and was born in 1893 funnily enough. He was lucky enough to come back from the Battle of the Loos, but at the expense of receiving seven bullets in one of his legs and left overnight. Can't imagine the pain he went through, and how he was able to walk on that same leg years later was a mystery to me. He was apparently in so much pain at the time that he apparently pleaded for the doctor/surgeon to take it off, but whatever they did do, they didn't do that and managed to save his leg. Thousands of others weren't as lucky as my great grandfather so respect to Dundee for doing this.

Great story Ludo..

You should be first in line to get one of these tops.