The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Boba Fett

Just Watched....

Rate this topic

My first 45 minutes of English Premier League football in a long, long time.

Aston Villa v Manchester United

Truly shocked at the lack of quality on show considering the obscene salaries, admission prices and general wealth.

There are players on that pitch that literally can't string two passes together and another who's so unfit it looked like he was going to be subbed after 25 minutes.

Complete and utter borfest and frankly disgusting considering the wages alone.

On a side note - tickets for this game are priced between £35 and £55 for "standard" entry.

Under 8's are as much as £40!!!!

Now I remember why I gave up watching this sh*t..

Makes my blood boil. Over priced, over hyped nonsense.

Canna wait to see a real game tomorrow.

That is all..

• Like 1

Sounds a bit daft but I think Dundee were more entertaining against Killie than Man Utd were tonight despite their ridiculous spending and wages. They really are horrible to watch since Fergie left.

I don't watch any of the live English games now. Just watch match of the day for the highlights

£50 for that game tonight and probably the same if not more for Old Trafford last week - 3 shots on target :o

Edited by Boba Fett

No no no this is the BEST league in the world you're speaking about! Can't speak ill of the 'promised land' hahaha absolute bullsh!t so it is, same as the Stoke Liverpool game on ironically named super Sunday last week, absolute dross long hoof ball most of it, ya get the odd decent game but the majority is just over hyped by the English media..

However they are catching on to the fact slowly but surely that it might not be as amazing as they think it is with how awful their clubs are doing in Europe and the fact it's a league built on crazy money and foreign owners and most of the great players who play in it aren't English, but they belt on about how they've got the best product and no one can match them, then are bemused when they get pumped out of every major tournament early doors.. Hmm maybe cause the best players in the 'English' premier league are foreign ya tubes 😂 haha deluded doesn't cut it.

It's being going backwards for years now and I'd quite like to see it implode in on itself and lose all it's star names and foreign owners.. How sweet would it be. They have the audacity to sl*g our game as well..

Agreed, who has the time to watch all these games anyway?

Buy Scottish!

of course theres a lot of sh*t games but theres no other league that has more big teams and big games every season

palace v arsenal been pretty entertaining

Palace V Chelsea was entertaining too ;) .

Seriously though i totally agree with you about the BPL being souless and mainly full of plastics. We've got Man City Saturday and their new signing Kevin de Bruyne cost more than our entire 25 man squad and our stadium. Costs sat palace still very reasonable working out just over £20 a match on a season ticket.

The minute our clubs soul changes that's the day i hope we get relegated, at the moment we are still much of proper football club with a proper stadium and fans, the four owners were all born locally and are palace fans and the manager was a player for us and a local lad.

Some teams in the Premier League still have bags of soul :)

• Like 1

Seriously though i totally agree with you about the BPL being souless and mainly full of plastics. We've got Man City Saturday and their new signing Kevin de Bruyne cost more than our entire 25 man squad and our stadium. Costs sat palace still very reasonable working out just over £20 a match on a season ticket.

The minute our clubs soul changes that's the day i hope we get relegated, at the moment we are still much of proper football club with a proper stadium and fans, the four owners were all born locally and are palace fans and the manager was a player for us and a local lad.

You guys have had an unbelievable start to the season.

Some good business from Pardew with transfers as well.

Good luck to you.

I've been to a few English clubs that I thought had 'soul', both darn sarf and oop north, I've never been to one of the really big ones though so I've no idea how the Chelsea's and Manchester clubs are. English football is better than our game in some ways, off the field I mean, we can't even take thermos flasks in to the grounds, there's the much publicised no alcohol in the ground too, not a massive deal in itself but it sets out that we're not to be trusted pretty clearly. 

Good luck with the rest of the season, you must be chuffed with the start you've had.

Both Man City and Man Utd lose their opening Champions League fixtures.. The standard of English Premier League teams is definitely not what it once was. City have looked miles ahead of anybody else in that League and they've just been beaten 2-1 at home by Juve.

There are some real lessons needing to be learned by these EPL teams that it takes more than a sugar daddy chairman and big money transfers to build a team that's capable of winning or even doing well in the Champions League.

Very pleasing..

Edited by Boba Fett

Both Man City and Man Utd lose their opening Champions League fixtures.. The standard of English Premier League teams is definitely not what it once was. City have looked miles ahead of anybody else in that League and they've just been beaten 2-1 at home by Juve.

There are some real lessons needing to be learned by these EPL teams that it takes more than a sugar daddy chairman and big money transfers to build a team that's capable of winning or even doing well in the Champions League.

Very pleasing..

City losing at home to a Juve team that were asset stripped over the summer too, Man U lost to PSV and Arsenal losing to Dinamo Zagreb.  A few years ago the top teams in the EPL were real quality, but the middle and lower end teams were nothing great.  These days there isn't a team in the league that is anything to shout about on a continental level.  Unbelievable when you think about how much money they have and especially with it having just been hugely increased for this season too.

Over the summer there was talk of how clubs like Stoke could compete with all but the elite clubs from overseas financially, they supposedly have a higher wage budget than the two Milan clubs.  Utterly unreal state of affairs and clearly horrendous mismanagement is rampant south of the border.