Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Team V Aberdeen

Boba Fett

Options, options, options...

Assuming we have everybody fit and available, I'd go for an old fashioned 4-4-2 on Saturday up at Pittodrie.

Stewart free roaming as per..

Loy to come off the beench and make an impact up front.

Low to play a blinder at his old club and really twist the knife on them.

If we're defending a lead - we can bring on more defensive cover as we did against the Fermers.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really argue with that Boba.

I think Loy is integral to the system Hartley wants to play but I'm pleased to say that Saturday seemed to show there may be a plan B, and even a plan C once Meggatt came on. Doubt we can risk the three up front thing at Pittodrie, so reckon that Stewart and Hemmings would be the way to go.

Bain

McGinn McPake Julen Holt

Harkins Low Ross

Stewart Hemmings Loy

Hopefully we can put this team out. Alot of teams are going to Aberdeen now and setting up like they would at Parkhead. We're not good enough defensively to hold back and keep a clean sheet, so we might aswell go for it. They won't be used to playing against that style of play at home either.

Meggatt came on because Nicky Low was injured and we needed a left sided replacement.

Could well have been this.  I saw it as a measure to shore up the left hand side of the defence where St J/O'Halloran were targeting Holt one on one.  Worked a treat as well imo.

Could well have been this.  I saw it as a measure to shore up the left hand side of the defence where St J/O'Halloran were targeting Holt one on one.  Worked a treat as well imo.

Nicky had a groin injury and pulled up a couple of times before being subbed.Think it was a stroke of luck rather than a plan B.

Bain

McGinn McPake Julen Holt

Harkins Low Ross

Stewart Hemmings Loy

Hopefully we can put this team out. Alot of teams are going to Aberdeen now and setting up like they would at Parkhead. We're not good enough defensively to hold back and keep a clean sheet, so we might aswell go for it. They won't be used to playing against that style of play at home either.

This team for me 100% honestly believe we can take them on Saturday, so close in the league last year and we've improved drastically this year so no reason why we can't go one better at pittodrie this time!

Nicky had a groin injury and pulled up a couple of times before being subbed.Think it was a stroke of luck rather than a plan B.

You could well be right Rev and tbh the two things may be connected.  About 10 minutes before Meggatt came on, PH told him to get warmed up and that coincided with O'Halloran showing Holt a clean pair of heels again.  I immediately thought it would be a straight swap but Meggatt going into the position he did made perfect sense with Low coming off.  It made that left side more solid defensively and made O'Halloran less dangerous.

The fluid nature of our midfield set up is great going forward and it makes the players hard to pin down.  Low fitted in to this perfectly, as he was all over the park.  Given his lack of game time, I'm not surprised he was feeling it when he did.

Adblock Detected