Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Sportscene

Cobra

Just watching the highlights.

That really was a stunning save from Bain.

Two brilliant assists from Low. What a player this guy is.

Their chalked off goal. Was Nick Ross even fouled? Watched it numerous times and I can't see any contact. McPake is rightly furious at Julen for giving away possession cheaply.

As for their goal, it's an absolute shocker for McGinn. He leaves MacLean completely unmarked. He doesn't even bother to look. Instead he just jogs towards the middle of the goal. I do wonder how we are going to win a cup with this standard of defending.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Not sure how you can blame McGinn when O'Halloran was allowed to cruise down the left unhindered

Not sure what you mean. MacLean is unmarked at the back post ready to turn the ball into the empty net. McGinn decides to mark space in the middle of the box even though McPake already has this covered.

We won the game so no harm done but this kind of ball-watching and complete lack of awareness will probably be punished by Aberdeen because their forwards have great movement.

Actually thinking back to our last visit to Pittodrie, Aberdeen scored a very similar to goal to St Johnstone's when Goodwillie was left completely unmarked at the back post to open the scoring. Once again, McGinn makes the critical error of running into the box to mark empty space instead of picking up the real danger at the back post.

Edited by Cobra

Ross was definitely pushed.

It was seen very clearly from my seat in the main stand.

Bain flipped the ball into the path of the Saints goal scorer IMO.

I agree the push was blatant from the Main Stand. It wasn't so obvious from the two camera angles. The reaction of the Saints fans on P&B is interesting. There's no moaning about it. They're split between "didn't see it, but that's what MacLean always does", and "it was a push".

I was right in line with it in the Bobby Cox and it was a clear push. But the referee seemed to take an age to blow for it which was worrying.

Charlie Mann of the BBC didn't see it at all. It seemed such an obvious decision I wasn't even going to mention it in my report till I heard him say in his radio report that the goal was disallowed for a foul no-one saw except the ref. He needed help with the Dee goalscorers too!

What a header from Hemmings.

Makes some of those look effortless. What's our record for headed goals? Imagine it would be Gillie, but anyone know how many?

I'm not sure even Norrie Price's 2 books would have a split of goals scored to give an accurate number with the head, but Gillie certainly knocked in quite a few with his rapidly receding hairline in the 61/62, 62/63 & 63/64 seasons.

From distant memory, John Duncan & Sammy Wilson would have been likely to be next in line, both excellent headers of a ball. I'd think Jocky might have nodded in a good few as well.   

Charlie Mann of the BBC didn't see it at all. It seemed such an obvious decision I wasn't even going to mention it in my report till I heard him say in his radio report that the goal was disallowed for a foul no-one saw except the ref. He needed help with the Dee goalscorers too!

I tend to record the OAM coverage on my Sky box, just to hear what the reporter says about goals and other incidents in our game. Just after kick-off, Charlie Mann also said St Johnstone fans had travelled "in their droves" (or words to that effect). Yet <1,000 is one of their worst crowds at Dens in a long time.

I'm sure he actually left the BBC 10 years or so ago to be Vladimir Romanov's PR guy and had an an on-air spat with Richard Gordon when the latter tried to dig deeper into Romanov's motivations.

Edit: His Wikipedia page does say he's a St Johnstone fan, although citation is needed - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_MannLast edit was 2012 though so it's not just someone having heard him on Saturday.

Edited by markthedee

Wright is a perfect example of what we don't do. Always seeking decisions from refs and putting pressure on them. He's claiming that's not a foul on Ross and Easton should have had a penalty. He's wrong but he knows refs are fallible, so he'll bring it up before we play them again.

They kicked us all over the park, including a head height tackle on Stewart, and we should have had a penalty for a push on Hemmings. We don't say anything though.

Adblocker Detected