The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritof62

The Second 45

Rate this topic

Last season and so far this season we have experienced an alarming drop in performance in the second half.

Whatever the reason, lack of concentration, fatigue, players switching off, it must be sorted out if we are to fulfil our potential.

No doubt Hartley warns them at half time not to let their effort slide, however it is still a problem and I for one is stumped as to the cause and cure.

We've conceded five goals this season and all five have come between the 54th and 67th minute.

We've conceded five goals this season and all five have come between the 54th and 67th minute.

Weird that - -a sports psychologist may have a view on that - -for what its worth I reckon thats aboot when the HT pehs hit their guts!!!!

Kilmarnock aside (unbelievable 90 minute performance - the best I've seen from a Dundee team in many, many years), it's been a major issue in every game this season.

The longer it goes on and the more it is highlighted, the more of a psychological hurdle it will become.

I believe a large part of it is due to just how well we have performed in the first half of games so far this season.

Basically, the opposition are forced into changes of both personnel and formation because they've been pummelled for 45 minutes.

PH will be telling the team at half time - ride out the storm, they are going to come back out all guns blazing for the first twenty minutes of the second half and they'll have tightened up most of their weaker areas that we've been exploiting.

We're failing to deal with it because we're probably over thinking it.

Another huge factor is the amount of chances in front of goal we are not putting away.

In every one of these games we've had chances to put games beyond our opponents and failed to take them.

If we start taking these, our opponents will lose their momentum, confidence and eagerness to put us under pressure.

Kilmarnock aside (unbelievable 90 minute performance - the best I've seen from a Dundee team in many, many years), it's been a major issue in every game this season.

The longer it goes on and the more it is highlighted, the more of a psychological hurdle it will become.

I believe a large part of it is due to just how well we have performed in the first half of games so far this season.

Basically, the opposition are forced into changes of both personnel and formation because they've been pummelled for 45 minutes.

PH will be telling the team at half time - ride out the storm, they are going to come back out all guns blazing for the first twenty minutes of the second half and they'll have tightened up most of their weaker areas that we've been exploiting.

We're failing to deal with it because we're probably over thinking it.

Another huge factor is the amount of chances in front of goal we are not putting away.

In every one of these games we've had chances to put games beyond our opponents and failed to take them.

If we start taking these, our opponents will lose their momentum, confidence and eagerness to put us under pressure.

Spot on buddy

Only 4 games in, not an issue imo. If teams are run ragged for first half they are obviously going to change things for the second half. You won't dominate for 90 minutes in this league too often I reckon. Continue to improve overall and we will win a lot of games.

Edited by McDee
  • Like 1