The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Dondeh

30% First Picks Not Available Every Week!

Rate this topic

Will never get to the level we and the club wants if our top players (2 are new signings) are not available for selection. This, together, with other players carrying knocks it is an incredible situation after less than a handful of games played.   :(  :(  :(

It is a worry so early in the season.

Will never get to the level we and the club wants if our top players (2 are new signings) are not available for selection. This, together, with other players carrying knocks it is an incredible situation after less than a handful of games played.   :(  :(  :(

It's very worrying. Loy and Low have both been injury prone in the past so it can't be a huge surprise to Hartley. 

A squad that looked fairly strong four weeks ago is starting to look very fragile.  Reinforcements required.

A squad that looked fairly strong four weeks ago is starting to look very fragile.  Reinforcements required.

Think a change is also required on the player wellbeing front...and pronto,

Very frustrating and a pattern emerging that is worrying.

The injury situation is having a major impact on us.

Players get injured due to the way they play the game, if you ask them to take it easy, you won't get the same performance out of them, we aren't any different to any other club, it gives others a chance to shownwhat they are capable of, we have depth this season, and should always have enough to beat most in the league at Dens.

• Like 1

Players get injured due to the way they play the game, if you ask them to take it easy, you won't get the same performance out of them, we aren't any different to any other club, it gives others a chance to shownwhat they are capable of, we have depth this season, and should always have enough to beat most in the league at Dens.

After 4 games WTF??

We are struggling with injuries, two of which are our major summer signings. Something is not right.

After 4 games WTF??

We are struggling with injuries, two of which are our major summer signings. Something is not right.

Dondeh ....

I genuinely believe PH is slowly and steadily improving the quality of players at our Club (within of course the confines of his limited budget)

He has bought wisely and shrewdly during the close up to this season and I suspect all of us can see the potential of his recent aquisitions.

It's not that long ago when there appeared to be little planning into the construction of a decent squad. I now feel we are building a good team.

But the improving quality is of no value at all, if they are absent through injury. And like yourself I am concerned about absence through injuries.

You say.... "After 4 games WTF??"    The result today was not totally unexpected I suppose. (Still always hard to accept a defeat of our Club)

But I am more concerned as we build up a squad of decent, promising, young players ...are we going to go through another season where our

best young players are being sidelined for long periods because of  injury issues. If this is a big problem with DFC, I hope it is being addressed.

When we had to rely on mature players, periods of injury came with this. PH (rightly) is putting emphasis on younger squad. They should be fit.

After 4 games WTF??

What difference does one game, four games or fourteen games make, players get injured, it's a fact, that's when you need others to stand up and be counted, saints had a few players injured before the league started.

• Like 1

What difference does one game, four games or fourteen games make, players get injured, it's a fact, that's when you need others to stand up and be counted, saints had a few players injured before the league started.

Bottom line is hartley only trusts about 14-15 of his players.....guys like ferry are just filling a bench,with zero chance of going on

If, with 3-4 injuries to players who'd almost certainly be in the starting XI, our bench is widely considered "weak", then we don't have the "two players for every position" that may have been implied, following this summer's transfer dealings. 

However, like at least 8 other SPL clubs, we're in no position to pay a consistent level of salary across a 22-player squad, so we're bound to have a few less experienced / less gifted players in that squad.

A big, strong, goal-threatening striker to add to Loy & Hemmings would be great, to give Hartley a 2-from-3 option.....but how many of that kind of striker are there, either on the "available/out of contract" market, or playing in the lower leagues (here/Ireland/England)? 

If Hartley can't get enough out of Roberts/Tankulic, and can't move them on, he's probably stuck with no available budget.

We really need to find a like-for-like backup/future replacement for Thomson, but again, where does Hartley find such a player, and the funds to acquire him & pay his wages? As with strikers, if we have midfielders who aren't going to deliver what's required, moving them on isn't a quick fix.

Hartley may have signed some of the players in question, on 2-year deals, but we're one of many clubs who do have to take a bit of a gamble on how a player may develop. I'd suggest if we're getting a 50% or higher success rate, we're probably doing better than most others.

Other than Celtic & Aberdeen, I'm not convinced any other club doesn't have exactly the same problem, and finances are - I think - clearly the reason. No-one's borrowing money now, so wages have to fit within the income the clubs generate. As an example, removing 3 key players from the Arabs, plus another couple of experienced players not staying on, seems to have left their team with identical issues....this seemed obvious from the mistakes made against us & against Celtic today. Other than the current top 3, I think the other 9 clubs could finish the season in any random order (but I think Hearts may make that group 10)....though Killie seem to be trying hard to be this season's County.

The clubs that finish immediately below Celtic & Aberdeen (I think Hearts will start to drop points soon) may be the ones who can utilise their "2nd choice squad players" to best effect, and I suspect that's only going to happen by giving them frequent games to try to improve them.

As good as Nicky Low looks I think he might be one of these boys who struggles with injuries.

That's two injuries already this season and was he not quite hampered with injuries at Aberdeen.

As good as Nicky Low looks I think he might be one of these boys who struggles with injuries.

That's two injuries already this season and was he not quite hampered with injuries at Aberdeen.

I have said on here many times, that the Aberdeen Season ticket holders, in my work said of Low, when fit

a very good player, but would be much better, if he was another 3/4 inches taller, but as they all said

to me, sadly he was Aberdeen's SICK NOTE.

To be fair he got injured in pre season from a hard tackle game, came back a bit early, took a corner and strained his injury. 

More Hartley rushing him back that being injured I would say.