Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dunfermline Cup Game

Attilio

I think we should play our strongest team, we are not good enough to rest our best players and comfortably beat Dunfermline.

Bain's saves have kept us in games this season and could keep us in the cup.

I'm coming around to that view as well.  With the caveat that KT/Loy and Low are nowhere near it

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We'd need to be full strength most weeks to have a chance of top four and that's not going to happen.

The quality in the squad will see us avoid a relegation battle and probably get us into top six. I'd be tempted to play our strongest XI in all cup games because I don't think we can realistically get Europe through our league placing.

• Like 2

What kind of reply is that, who do you see above us, ICT, Arabs, Motherwell, St Johnstone, no the teams they've been in past years, Killie,Patrick, will be fighting relegation, only team I'm no sure about is Ross County.

Sorry.I just cant see these predictions coming true. We've not had a 90min performance in any game this season. Even at Killie,who were poor,we missed a barrow load of chances before a Stewart wonder strike and a last minute Loy goal put us comfortably 2-0 up at h/t. The 3rd straight after h/t killed the game but I said at the time we'd rue those misses against better teams and so it has proved.

We've now been hit by  injuries to key players,have a guy due a suspension and some stand-in's not up to the mark.

This game against Dunfermline is a classic banana skin and could,if we take it lightly,see us exit the League Cup early.

The guy Joe Cardle for them,although inconsistent,is a bag of tricks and on his day can cause teams real problems.Moffat and El Bakhtaoui have rattled in a few goals so far and will be full of confidence.They have a few players with top flight experience who've dropped down below their level who'll be desperate to prove themselves against SPFL opposition. We're coming off the back of a defeat and a poor performance with a few selection problems.

On paper we should win but I'm taking nothing whatsoever for granted.

• Like 1

We have a reasonable chance of a run in this cup. We should treat every round with the utmost respect.

No one holds up 6th place in the league in the city square.

Ivan & Cobra - Would you play KT, Loy and Low if they were available after their recent injuries?

Ivan & Cobra - Would you play KT, Loy and Low if they were available after their recent injuries?

If they were 100% fit yeah

Like cobra says we are in no real danger of going down and it's highly unlikely we'll get Europe. Therefore for me the cups are the only thing we have a realistic chance of achieving. Dunfermline will be a difficult test and deserve to be treated with respect

Sorry.I just cant see these predictions coming true. We've not had a 90min performance in any game this season. Even at Killie,who were poor,we missed a barrow load of chances before a Stewart wonder strike and a last minute Loy goal put us comfortably 2-0 up at h/t. The 3rd straight after h/t killed the game but I said at the time we'd rue those misses against better teams and so it has proved.

We've now been hit by  injuries to key players,have a guy due a suspension and some stand-in's not up to the mark.

This game against Dunfermline is a classic banana skin and could,if we take it lightly,see us exit the League Cup early.

The guy Joe Cardle for them,although inconsistent,is a bag of tricks and on his day can cause teams real problems.Moffat and El Bakhtaoui have rattled in a few goals so far and will be full of confidence.They have a few players with top flight experience who've dropped down below their level who'll be desperate to prove themselves against SPFL opposition. We're coming off the back of a defeat and a poor performance with a few selection problems.

Dear *** Rev.  Are you the Dunfermline programme writer or something?  I was feeling confident until I read your preview.

One thing is however certain.  It may the warmest day/night of the year on Tuesday but Joe Cardle will be wearing gloves.

I would be tempted to give KT an hour to get us into the next round if he's in good shape. I don't think Loy and Low are going to make it but I would like to see them in the match squad.

I'm reluctant to say the Dunfermline game is more important than ICT as we need to be picking up points in August, but a trip to Hampden trumps top six for me.

The thing with the cup is you have little room for error. Concede a deflected effort and get a man sent off and we're out. A weakened XI leaves us ripe for an upset. 

• Like 2

Dear *** Rev.  Are you the Dunfermline programme writer or something?  I was feeling confident until I read your preview.

One thing is however certain.  It may the warmest day/night of the year on Tuesday but Joe Cardle will be wearing gloves.

Just being realistic. I remember the hysteria after the Killie game and the unrealistic expectations that we'd win Cups and qualify for Europe. Our 1st choice team can beat anyone in the League on their day but injuries and suspensions have started to weaken us and the back-ups aren't all good enough.

I don't see Dunfermline being a tight game on Tues as both teams have goals in them. If we turn up and show the correct application we should win comfortably.

We've now been hit by injuries to key players,have a guy due a suspension and some stand-in's not up to the mark.

The guy Joe Cardle for them,although inconsistent,is a bag of tricks and on his day can cause teams real problems.Moffat and El Bakhtaoui have rattled in a few goals so far and will be full of confidence.They have a few players with top flight experience who've dropped down below their level who'll be desperate to prove themselves against SPFL opposition. We're coming off the back of a defeat and a poor performance with a few selection problems.

Did you not notice their result today

Adblock Detected