Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Realism

We were beat by the 2nd best team in the country (for a few years now) on their own ground with our most influential midfielder missing, our MOTM last week missing and one of our first choice strikers missing.

It will be another good season and not an achievement to be dismissed if we finish top 6 again. Think a lot of people naturally got carried away after the Killie game who are turning out to be the worst team in the country just now.

We don't have the squad depth for a top 4 challenge and have key players injured too often for any real consistency. That's just the way it is.

After almost a decade of garbage and failure in the first division, I'm more than happy to see us challenging for top 6 premier for a second season in a row but 6th means we're as likely to lose almost as many as we win and more than likely, these defeats will be to the teams above us.

We have an exciting team to watch attacking wise. The top keeper in the country and off field stability. Things could be a lot worse looking at other clubs. A lot worse.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I'm happy with our start to the season. We have played 3 of last years top 6, plus a very strong Hearts team (who will be in this years top 6) and have 7 points on the board. The derby game when 2-0 down, we would have went on to lose that 3-0 or 4-0 last season and I'm not sure we'd have beaten St Johnstone last season defending a one goal lead for nearly the whole second half. The 2 teams we have lost to will make up the top 3 with Celtic. If we can get through this tricky cup tie on Tuesday and get 3 points against Inverness - a team we haven't beat on league duty in 13 attempts then I'll be delighted with our start going into the international break.

• Like 1

Apart from Celtic of course, we can pick up points in every game until October. Fact is, Aberdeen didn't have that many serious goal threats that I can recall, for all their share of possession. Did we not have just as many attempts?

It was a narrow defeat (2nd goal doesn't count!). And we still haven't conceded a goal in the first half all season.

I agree with much of PRD's post but I don't think there's a lack of realism. The fans are disappointed to lose a game as always, frustrated at the endless injury setbacks and questioning the decision to park the bus at a ground where we nearly won last season with a weaker team.

I agree with much of PRD's post but I don't think there's a lack of realism. The fans are disappointed to lose a game as always, frustrated at the endless injury setbacks and questioning the decision to park the bus at a ground where we nearly won last season with a weaker team.

Really don't think it was PH's intention to park the bus yesterday Cobra..

Tactical naive - probably yes.

Deliberate defensive display first half - probably not

Aberdeen won the middle of the park and that's what usually wins games.

Our forward players weren't nearly composed enough on the ball either (Stewart in particular yesterday)

No debate over the injury situation - it's picked right up from where it left off last season and is already a major issue hampering our progress.

Edited by Boba Fett

We parked the bus yesterday - first half.

I was annoyed cos i felt a good side yesterday would have taken something off the Sheep.

Just thought we where flat most of the game - not enough agrresive play.

Thought Stewart had a chance first half too but he crossed it when i thought he could taken a shot.
Was blethering to a Sheep boy i know , they said Bain n Stewart impressed them.

Was blethering to a Sheep boy i know , they said Bain n Stewart impressed them.

Stewart's least effective display of the season so far for me.

Bain collected some rubbish Aberdeen crosses well but did little else.

Poor game all round yesterday I thought.

We move on...

Stewart's least effective display of the season so far for me.

Bain collected some rubbish Aberdeen crosses well but did little else.

Poor game all round yesterday I thought.

We move on...

Aye no one really stood out for me.

Thought it was an awful game tbh.

What i bothered about is i didnt feel like DFC could be bothered yesterday , didnt feel we we where at it all - i cant accept that.

Aberdeen yesterday where there for the taking

Adblock Detected