Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Champions League Windfall

Cobra

I was wondering if Dundee would be due any money if Celtic reach the group stage of the Champions League on Tuesday night so I had a look at the Uefa website and I think we will be due £180k, a tidy sum that will hopefully give Hartley a bigger budget to sign a player or two.

I believe we got £135k in 2012/13 and with Uefa increasing the payouts by 35% that should, I think, mean all Premiership clubs get £180k (in the event that Celtic beat Malmo).

This is the relevant section from Uefa about solidarity payments in case anyone is interested. 

"A total of €112m will be distributed to national associations and/or leagues for their clubs, compared to €82.4m in the 2012-15 cycle, thus representing an increase of more than 35%. 80% of this amount will be distributed to national associations and/or leagues with at least one club participating in the UEFA Champions League group stage and 20% to national associations and/or leagues without participating clubs. Only clubs not participating in the group stage of either competition will be entitled to a share of these solidarity payments."

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I was wondering if Dundee would be due any money if Celtic reach the group stage of the Champions League on Tuesday night so I had a look at the Uefa website and I think we will be due £180k, a tidy sum that will hopefully give Hartley a bigger budget to sign a player or two.

I believe we got £135k in 2012/13 and with Uefa increasing the payouts by 35% that should, I think, mean all Premiership clubs get £180k (in the event that Celtic beat Malmo).

This is the relevant section from Uefa about solidarity payments in case anyone is interested. 

"A total of €112m will be distributed to national associations and/or leagues for their clubs, compared to €82.4m in the 2012-15 cycle, thus representing an increase of more than 35%. 80% of this amount will be distributed to national associations and/or leagues with at least one club participating in the UEFA Champions League group stage and 20% to national associations and/or leagues without participating clubs. Only clubs not participating in the group stage of either competition will be entitled to a share of these solidarity payments."

I was at a Q & A in September 2012 where Scot Gardiner announced that all SPL clubs including Dundee would receive £124K (from memory) as a result of Celtic's qualification to the group stages of the Champions League. I seem to remember him saying that we would not receive the money until the end of the 2012-13 season.

Adblock Detected