Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

It's Easy to Be A Critic...

Ludo*1

When we play football on the deck and win - Great, flowing football.

When we play football on the deck - This tippy tappy stuff is brutal.

When we play a bit more direct and win - We're a great forward thinking team.

When we play a bit more direct and lose - This hoof ball is brutal.

Any other examples of stuff like this?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The problem last night wasn't so much the style we played as the fact we failed to adapt. Dunfermline parked the bus as soon as we strung a few passes together meaning we couldn't penetrate their defence. Surely we should have a plan B to speed things up before they get a chance to file back after they've lost the ball.

Sorry Ludo I disagree with some of that.

V killie we played lovely fluid incisive stuff on the deck full of purpose and basically cut them open at will. Yesterday we huffed and puffed, played in front of a team passing for passings sake because we had no out ball.

Yep some people have maybe been overly critical in their posts, it would be hypocritical of me to criticise them given some of my previous rants. However I don't think too many have crossed the line. Even the most ardent PH fan must be asking a few questions now?

Edited by Ivan Drago

The problem last night wasn't so much the style we played as the fact we failed to adapt. Dunfermline parked the bus as soon as we strung a few passes together meaning we couldn't penetrate their defence. Surely we should have a plan B to speed things up before they get a chance to file back after they've lost the ball.

Agree.....

Dunfermline couldnt believe there luck the way we set up.....

Ivan Drago, on 26 Aug 2015 - 5:49 PM, said:

Sorry Ludo I disagree with some of that.

V killie we played lovely fluid incisive stuff on the deck full of purpose and basically cut them open at will. Yesterday we huffed and puffed, played in front of a team passing for passings sake because we had no out ball.

Yep some people have maybe been overly critical in their posts, it would be hypocritical of me to criticise them given some of my previous rants. However I don't think too many have crossed the line. Even the most ardent PH fan must be asking a few questions now?

Wasn't a direct go at anyone Ivan based on last night, was more in general, must admit a few posts sparked my interest in starting a topic though, but understand the frustration last night so wasn't having a go at anyone with it.

As for your point about PH fans asking questions, if you mean on last night absolutely, but in general? Nowhere near it, don't think that's even a legit thing to start thinking about.

Wasn't a direct go at anyone Ivan based on last night, was more in general, must admit a few posts sparked my interest in starting a topic though, but understand the frustration last night so wasn't having a go at anyone with it.

As for your point about PH fans asking questions, if you mean on last night absolutely, but in general? Nowhere near it, don't think that's even a legit thing to start thinking about.

Sorry I didn't articulate the last point well. I don't mean asking questions about his job, I mean asking questions about the quality of signings, the imbalance in the squad and the tactical problems we appear to be having? All legitimate concerns IMO.

Even the most ardent PH fan must be asking a few questions now?

As you know I'm pretty much in that camp, and yesterday I was pretty much amazed with the way we lined up. Ok, park the bus against Aberdeen, but I think PH gave Dunfermline far to much respect and I think we should have been more attack minded in our play.

PH is still a young manager with much to learn, and I see that. If he was the full product he wouldn't be here at Dens. He is getting a lot more right than wrong, but at the end of the day, it is the results on the park that a lot of managers are judged on and not what they're doing behind the scenes.

My biggest issue with PH is his inability to change things around when his plans are not going as expected. He needs to put more trust in his players abilities especially when it comes to substitutions, but at the end of the day you can't ignore the fact that he went to Alloa (who only had one player at the time) and built a promotion winning side (twice) and also go us promoted first time of asking.

Too many people I feel forget that this club has been badly mismanaged in the last 30 years and we have had some terrible managers and a lot worse results. You can't expect to turn around over 30 years of utter sh**e in 1 and a half years.

As you know I'm pretty much in that camp, and yesterday I was pretty much amazed with the way we lined up. Ok, park the bus against Aberdeen, but I think PH gave Dunfermline far to much respect and I think we should have been more attack minded in our play.

PH is still a young manager with much to learn, and I see that. If he was the full product he wouldn't be here at Dens. He is getting a lot more right than wrong, but at the end of the day, it is the results on the park that a lot of managers are judged on and not what they're doing behind the scenes.

My biggest issue with PH is his inability to change things around when his plans are not going as expected. He needs to put more trust in his players abilities especially when it comes to substitutions, but at the end of the day you can't ignore the fact that he went to Alloa (who only had one player at the time) and built a promotion winning side (twice) and also go us promoted first time of asking.

Too many people I feel forget that this club has been badly mismanaged in the last 30 years and we have had some terrible managers and a lot worse results. You can't expect to turn around over 30 years of utter s***e in 1 and a half years.

What does that debacle last night have to do with the last 30 years. What previous managers have done has no bearing on Hartley's ability as a manager. I have said before, I was delighted when PH was appointed. I really thought he was an exceptional manager in the making. Now I am not so sure.

Too many people I feel forget that this club has been badly mismanaged in the last 30 years and we have had some terrible managers and a lot worse results. You can't expect to turn around over 30 years of utter s***e in 1 and a half years.

He did take us over when we were top of the league.....

Also seen far better teams in the past 30years than the one he has assembled

What does that debacle last night have to do with the last 30 years. What previous managers have done has no bearing on Hartley's ability as a manager. I have said before, I was delighted when PH was appointed. I really thought he was an exceptional manager in the making. Now I am not so sure.

The last 30 years has everything to do where we are at the moment. We have been let down time and time again by bad BOD, manager and players and the first time there is a glimmer of hope and a possibility that we are finally getting out of that rotten hole, a bad result comes along and we all start with the doom and gloom.

I have never claimed that PH is the next Messiah or the next best thing since sliced bread, but I do believe is is possibly one of the better and more professional managers this club has had in a long time and I think he will keep us in this league and leave us in a lot better position than most managers have done.

Yeah he isn't perfect, he makes mistakes and I do think he will learn from them, he is also stubborn and not a push over (which could be good or bad). Do you think there is a chance we could get a better manager right now on the same wages as PH?

Yes, yesterday was as bad as it gets and I don't think a lot of Dees will forget that, but saying that I don't think they will forget he got us 6th place last season either.

Adblock Detected