Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Worst Signing In The Last Couple of Years

Cobra

Worst signing  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the worst signing Dundee have made in the last couple of years?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Awh, I think it's unfair to judge the guy (Schenk) on one game when he was thrown in with no real expectation that he was going to play.

It's a bit harsh maybe but the position that he plays exposed him a lot more which showed that he wasn't anywhere near our level. You could tell pretty quickly that the back four were not confident in what was behind them and there was no communication whatsoever. If you go along and watch the under 20s play or a junior game when it is very quiet, spend a few minutes watching the 'keepers. They shout at everything and never shut up through the game and even someone like Grant Adam (who isn't even well rated) has a very noticeable presence and the defenders know it.  When you have McPake heading a ball away two yards out at perfect head height, you really have to worry how out of his depth he is.

What annoys me about the signing was that it was done with quite a bit of thought. We signed him weeks before to provide some cover and even if he wasn't going to play well, you'd hope that he'd at least get to know the players in front of him and at least bring some sort of consistency. When he needed to play, you saw a few players looking very confident and pretty much introducing themselves for the first time. The coaching staff looked worried and the attention turned to him. I honestly believe that Bobby Geddes (who is a pretty experienced coach) would have known exactly what was about to happen

Maybe it was just a massive case of stage fright but even so, it seemed really daft to me to be bringing a guy in from another country as an emergency 'keeper. When you want someone to play at short notice, you want someone who can integrate themselves with the team and someone who can at least build up some understanding with their back line. You don't bring in someone who has the issue of a language barrier and who hasn't lived in the country before to do that sort of job.

It is sad and I don't blame the guy but do think it was a very bad decision and conditions come together to expose it at the worst possible time. I hope he puts it behind him if he can and move on.

As well as Roberts, we must have also lost a bit of money on Stephen Hughes. 45 minutes against Falkirk and then back to East Fife for the end of the season while we paid his wages.

Edited by harry94

As well as Roberts, we must have also lost a bit of money on Stephen Hughes. 45 minutes against Falkirk and then back to East Fife for the end of the season while we paid his wages.

Darren Young was a horror - injuried fir ages - finallly makes his debut at Clyde (i think)  first touch - sent off - you couldnt make it up

Adblock Detected